Vibration above 70mph+

aznboi606

Atlanta, GA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey Guys,

Hoping you guys can help me here. Recently, I have been getting vibration above 70mph+ and it gets worse as I accelerate, feels like the damn wheel is about to fall off. It is coming from the passenger side and I do not know what else it can be. I have reBalanced my tires, rotated them, put on the oem wheels, replace the cv axle, all the bushing are good, and no play in the wheels bearings. Do you think it can be the passenger hydraulic motor mount that can cause this? I have a 2012 civic si coupe btw.

I am thinking about ordering new motor mounts, but I am not sure if that will fix the vibration.

So if you move wheels from one side to the other the vibration stays on the passenger side?

So if you move wheels from one side to the other the vibration stays on the passenger side?

Yea I rotated my wheels and swap over to my OEM wheel also. I'm still getting vibration above 70MPH, coming from the passenger side. I jacked the car up and try to move the wheel up and down and side to side (left to right). No movement, so my wheel bearings and tie rods are good.

But I did find something else out when I did an alignment Saturday, which did not help with the vibration either. There was movement in my engine, looks like the mounts are going. I heard the 8thgen had issues with the hydraulic passenger mount, I'm not sure if that is what is causing the vibration at hwy speeds.

I can drive up to 80MPH and put it in neutral and you can still feel the vibration.

I recall people having issues on 8thcivic, but I seem to recall them always complaining about vibration at startup or when putting the car into reverse. I don't recall complaints about vibration at speed. At least not associated with that motor mount.

@Dar-Dar @Nix have 8th gens. Maybe they recall something or have input?

I don't have this issue. Do you hear a knocking sound?

Mine was the hydraulic mount but it was most noticeable when stopped. If i was on the gas, the vibration went away.

This only happens over 70 mph? If you're on the gas does it happen? Worsen if you let off?

Eh, stupid places to start: lugs tight? Hub/wheel bore straight? If you swap wheels and the vibration persists in that location I would look at the wheel hub and maybe the wheel bearing.

Mine was the hydraulic mount but it was most noticeable when stopped. If i was on the gas, the vibration went away.

This only happens over 70 mph? If you're on the gas does it happen? Worsen if you let off?

Eh, stupid places to start: lugs tight? Hub/wheel bore straight? If you swap wheels and the vibration persists in that location I would look at the wheel hub and maybe the wheel bearing.

Yup torque to 80-85lbs everytime, so if I move the wheel up and down, that would be the wheel bearing and if I move from side to side, that would be the tie rods? No movement in neither direction.

Have you done a brake change yet?
Warped rotors can cause some vibrations at weird times.

Have you done a brake change yet?
Warped rotors can cause some vibrations at weird times.

Rotors are good, still vibrates when I put it in neutral. I'm going to check my camber plates, only thing I have not checked yet.

When I had this issue it was a very slightly bent wheel, but that's clearly not the issue for you if it is not moving with rotating the wheels around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sorry to drudge up this old thread, but did you ever find out what was causing the vibration? Or has it gotten any better or worse?

I'm currently experiencing a similar problem.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry to drudge up this old thread, but did you ever find out what was causing the vibration? Or has it gotten any better or worse?

I'm currently experiencing a similar problem.

It was the damn wheels. Took it to a different place to get them balance, they were off 2oz. Becareful who you take it to get them balance, some places are careless when balancing them.

It was the damn wheels. Took it to a different place to get them balance, they were off 2oz. Becareful who you take it to get them balance, some places are careless when balancing them.
Interesting. I'm actually at my tire shop replacing a wheel right now. Thanks for letting me know!

Back