Vibration / Imbalance at 2500rpm

UNCG34

Greensboro, NC
Vehicle Model
Subaru WRX Premium 6sp w/ Harmon Kardon Audio - Navigation Package
Body Style
Sedan
I have a 2013 Civic Si with about 13,000 miles on it and I have noticed that when the engine isn't under load, such as with the clutch depressed or in neutral, there is a bit of an imbalance in the engine between around 2400 and 2600 rpm, it feels almost like the car is misfiring, but not that severe. I have also noticed when the engine is cold and it also feels like it is idling a bit rough until the idle speed drops to normal. When driving I really haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Is this normal for this engine, has anyone else noticed, or should I take it in to the dealership and ask them to take a look at it?

Last edited:
I would have the dealership take a look at it

I have a 2013 Civic Si with about 13,000 miles on it and I have noticed that when the engine isn't under load, such as with the clutch depressed or in neutral, there is a bit of an imbalance in the engine between around 2400 and 2600 rpm, it feels almost like the car is misfiring, but not that severe. I have also noticed when the engine is cold and it also feels like it is idling a bit rough until the idle speed drops to normal. When driving I really haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Is this normal for this engine, has anyone else noticed, or should I take it in to the dealership and ask them to take a look at it?
Any fix to this issue? If I just sit in my driveway and Rev my engine to the same rpm, there is a slight vibration. It feels almost like a motor mount giving or an exhaust component rattling. During normal driving everything is fine as well. Kind of weird. The dealership may be the best alternative but just curious if something was diagnosed and fixed.

Honestly this is normal for all 4 cylinders. I say this because mine does it 2300-2500 and was curious about it so I tried it at work on different toyota products and they all do the same. Inline motors are notorious for vibrations more then V engines as there is no opposite bank of cylinders to counter act the force of the pistons. Inline engines have counter balance shafts to help reduce this but is impossible to fully counter act. Honestly dont worry about it unless it's jaw rattling bad.

Back