DIY Vinyl Wrap Your Rims.

That looks super tough!

Def a good alternative than plasty dip. I know wheels get hot, I wonder how the vinyl will hold up? Hopefully they do a follow up vid.

I want to do this but I'm afraid to work with vinyl wrap.
Ya, it's not easy if the rims are complex. I wouldn't try unless it was simple like that picture of the Mercedes above. ^
I did the lower section of my bumper and everything was fine until it got time to bend under the bumper. It was so difficult to not wrinkle it.

Yeah they are pretty basic rims but I haven't worked with vinyl before and I hear it's hard. Watching videos it looks simple though.

Yeah they are pretty basic rims but I haven't worked with vinyl before and I hear it's hard. Watching videos it looks simple though.
I would go with plastidip, but it's your choice.

Ya, it's not easy if the rims are complex. I wouldn't try unless it was simple like that picture of the Mercedes above. ^
I did the lower section of my bumper and everything was fine until it got time to bend under the bumper. It was so difficult to not wrinkle it.
You know what brand of film it was? Some films are much more forgiving & let you pull/heat and unstick/reapply almost endlessly. The stuff they are using in the vid is like that. It's not a normal sign vinyl.

I would go with plastidip, but it's your choice.

You know what brand of film it was? Some films are much more forgiving & let you pull/heat and unstick/reapply almost endlessly. The stuff they are using in the vid is like that. It's not a normal sign vinyl.
It was 3M carbon fibre wrap. I was able to keep reapplying it no problem, it was just in the end there were always little wrinkles. It ended up being okay because the wrinkles were under the bumper and I cut them off. IDK, it was my first time working with it and I don't think I had the correct technique. It may have been easier if I had a someone to help with this. One person could hold the wrap with both hands and one person could hold the heat gun.

That looks a lot easier than I thought. I think I'll go for it.
just make sure you buy the correct vinyl like shown in the video I posted. Other sign vinyl does not react like that. Once it's down, it's down....and wrinkles do not come out.

Have you seen the wheels on the orange 14 Si with the middle strip of each spoke painted to match the body colour?
Looks really sharp IMO. I can't remember which member did that.

ehhh honestly I don't like this wheels at all and I have them on my car. Call me crazy, but 18" wheels are too big for our little Civic's.:( Once it's time to get new tires I will buy 17" HFP wheels.:wavey:

I assume you're talking about just the wheels in general and not the orange plastidip. I'm not really a fan of either of them, but I can't find nice yet reasonably priced wheels that look better in my opinion. I used to think 18s were a good size but I'm starting to lean towards 17s..

Back