Vmc team is in the lead in the ctcc

vmcguy

Glencairn, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan Si
I'm not sure if you guys know about us or not but we are a race team comprised completely of factory workers at the Honda of Canada plant in Alliston Ontario Canada.

We race in the Canadian touring car championship. Races are all over Ontario and Quebec.

We are currently building a 9th gen sedan but we are racing our 8th gen sedan for this season.

We are currently in first place in the race for the championship with a 110 point lead thanks to the team as a whole and to our amazing driver Scott Nicol.

Check us out on Facebook or twitter! I'd post our Facebook page but I'm on my iPhone.

Here's our basic theory that we get from mr.honda himself.

Mr. Soichiro Honda's passion for racing is the basis for the philosophy called The Racing Spirit.

Seek the Challenge
By seeking out our competition, we become motivated to do our absolute best. Our passion to win the race becomes paramount.

Be ready on Time
We have to be ready to do everything at the starting time in order to participate in the race.

Teamwork
Togetherness among the driver, mechanics and staff, as well as the machine, are of vital importance.

Quick Response
Everything is so unpredictable in racing. We have to develop our capability to discover the best solution whenever a problem arises.

Winner Takes All
To win the race is the final goal, nothing else. If you lose, nothing is gained. Concentrate every power to win the race.

Soichiro Honda's drive to conquer new engineering challenges, whether on the racetrack or in products, continues to forge the soul of Honda. Racing inspires new heights of creativity, dismissing traditional solutions in the search for new technological applications. This long-standing and deep-rooted passion for racing and excellence powers Honda to create the dreams of today, dreams that will forge the innovations of tomorrow.

Last edited:
:woot: Got any pics of the 9thgen being built? What are you racing now?

Umm. I take myself to be a good driver but until you sit beside a real race car driver while flying around the track you don't know the real meaning of an amazing driver.

Also car setup and alignment are probably the most overlooked part of a race car. They can have a HUGE impact on corner speeds, tire wear, fuel mileage and straight line speeds. Doing a proper alignment and having the proper suspension setup can make or break you in this very competitive series.

The biggest part of the crew is having a bunch of people who can get along and work together well. If this works out there is a flow to how things operate. This is called synergy.

We run in the top class btw. Super touring.

Last edited:
Just a few teasers from their Facebook page.

972212_546395562092097_1969670238_n.jpg

1044623_546229182108735_1885357591_n.jpg

561159_388297121235276_982477137_n.jpg

487032_372214206176901_183921892_n.jpg

I have not seen this car on the 8th. :hiding:

Yup that's our car. And remember we are all amateurs, none of whom are mechanics. So this goes to show you what just anyone with some knowledge can accomplish with hard work.

You should see it on 8th gen shortly.

Don't forget to like us on Facebook to get updates.

Last edited:
Yup that's our car. And remember we are all amateurs, none of whom are mechanics. So this goes to show you what just anyone with some knowledge can accomplish with hard work.

You should see it on 8th gen shortly.

Don't forget to like us on Facebook to get updates.

Try to keep us updated here!!!

Ya everyone go to our Facebook page, Velocity Motorsport Club, and twitter @VMC_41. I try to update as much as possible and supply photos during our race weekend or events. Like vmcguy said we race in the Canadian Touring Car Championship, www.touringcar.ca
We love seeing and hearing from our followers. http://touringcar.ca/schedule that is the link to the rest of our schedule for the year. Right now we are in the points lead with 110 points. Come on out and support us and tell us you seen us on here, that would be cool!!
If you have any questions about us please feel free to ask!!

Back