Voided warranty?

The only thing that I changed when installing was rear isolators

Part #'s taken from CHH website

52461-TR0-A50 RUBBER, R. RR. SPRING MOUNTING(UPPER)
52471-TR0-A01 RUBBER, R. RR. SPRING SEAT (LOWER)

52466-TR0-A50 RUBBER, L. RR. SPRING MOUNTING(UPPER)
52476-TR0-A01 RUBBER, L. RR. SPRING SEAT (LOWER)

I said this before and I'm going to say this again rear springs isolators lower and upper have the same part number for 2012 and 2014 Si.

There is somebody on here with 2014 Si that has H&R and he didn't even replaced his spring isolators and doesn't hear any noises. Even if you go on Eibach website they have ProKit listed for 2014 models, but they don't have Sportlines springs listed. Why? Because with 18" wheels on 2014Si and close to 2" drop you will rub on bumps and hard cornering. But apparently both Eibach and H&R companies are wrong.:rolleyes:

The only thing that I changed when installing was rear isolators

I said this before and I'm going to say this again rear springs isolators lower and upper have the same part number for 2012 and 2014 Si.
why did you change the rear isolators if you just said it has the same part number? I've never looked at the part numbers. I just know that they did suspension changes between the 13's and the 14's.

Tein posted a thing about coilovers not being compatible.

2012/2013 strut assembly
10312598_764887550217755_2096768296829301540_n.jpg

2014+ strut assembly
10344866_764887516884425_1586228314781437185_n.jpg

TEIN
Product Fitment Caution 2014 Honda Civic Si
Product Fitment Caution!!
Coilover for 2012+ Honda Civic only compatible with 2012-2013 year models. Product is NOT compatible with 2014+ Honda Civic models. We are in search of 2014+ Honda Civic base model to Si, coupe to four door models for R&D product testing. If you are local to TEIN USA Inc. and are interested in our test vehicle loan program, please send an inquiry to rdvehicle@tein.com and a TEIN R&D Staff will respond with details of scheduling in your vehicle for product testing.

As for springs, I just heard aftermarket companies listing new part numbers for 14/15's, or saying the 12/13's didn't work.

I've not done it, so I can't speak from experience.

why did you change the rear isolators if you just said it has the same part number? I've never looked at the part numbers. I just know that they did suspension changes between the 13's and the 14's.

Few people on here replaced their isolators with new ones so I thought they had to be replaced to avoid any issues in the future.

Maybe @CollegeHillsHonda might be able to shed some light if and what differences there are between the 2013 and 2014-15 Isolators? Even though they have the same part numbers?

The below is from a member that installed the Eibach springs on his 15 Si Sedan.....

Rear upper isolator part numbers are 52461-TR0-A00 and 52466-TR0-A00. We found that they are necessary for proper fitment on this car and we don't advise reusing the stock ones. You could get away with reusing the lowers, they may even be the same part number.

@jrse7en can you provide some info on where you got the springs installed and who is we in your quote "we don't advise reusing the stock ones". I want to say a Honda tech might have helped you but I don't want to be guessing, lol. Did you notice any visible differences in the isolators from the 2013s to the 2015s?

Even if the isolators are the same the spring itself could be slightly different. My guess would be the windings and where the end of the spring meets the isolator or the overall length/width. I think there was some issue early on with the road magnet springs not being wound in the correct directions or something since they should be different for the R and L side of the car. I can't quite remember though.

Also those isolator numbers are for the rear. The front could be different also. Hence, half the springs work but the fronts could cause noise, bind, popping issues if the front top hat and strut mounts are changed.

Rears work but fronts don't is a possibility. just thinking out loud basically. I could be wrong.

Even if the isolators are the same the spring itself could be slightly different. My guess would be the windings and where the end of the spring meets the isolator or the overall length/width. I think there was some issue early on with the road magnet springs not being wound in the correct directions or something since they should be different for the R and L side of the car. I can't quite remember though.

Also those isolator numbers are for the rear. The front could be different also. Hence, half the springs work but the fronts could cause noise, bind, popping issues if the front top hat and strut mounts are changed.

Rears work but fronts don't is a possibility. just thinking out loud basically. I could be wrong.

Good points. I also just want to re-iterate our opinion that we generally DO NOT recommended installing the earlier year springs on the 2014+ Civic. Even if the isolators allow for the install, there could be other safety implications. You should really purchase the springs that were made specifically for your Civic year range.

Reactions: Nix
Back