Volt HID Kit Install Questions

N7SPCTR

Northern VA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
So a few months ago when I had free time and the cash to do so, I upgraded my car to the PROCivic Glossy Black LED Headlights. Since I was installing these I decided it would be a good time to upgrade to HID's as well. I purchased the HID kit without doing all of my homework on the install and became mighty confused when trying to install without a relay harness :pat:

I put the project on hold for a while and am now going to jump back into it since one of my low-beam bulbs burned out (Must've touched it during the install). Now that I am going back to the install I want to make sure I have all my facts straight.

The PROCivic headlights are H1 low-beam / high-beam but to my understanding I need a 9006 wire harness. I purchased one before but didn't understand it nor had time for it so I returned it, that was around when I first took on the project. Now I'm going to repurchase it. My main question is, on the VOLT HID Kit (H1 6000k) there is a male connector as shown in this picture. IMG_0611.JPG

When using the relay harness I understand that I've got to connect the bulbs to headlight --> headlight to ballast --> to harness; everything plugs in except for this one last male connector.

So is this male connector to be used or ignored, or do I simply have my equipment all mixed up?

Thank you to anyone in advance who helps or replies

Ignored. That's for people who need a connection for high beams ...like some non-9006 lights need.

Awesome, thank you. I'll order my harness and hopefully be able to come up with enough pictures for a DIY for anyone wishing to approach the same kind of project.

Back