Waiting on Civic Si Order. How Long Did Yours Take?

NateDaGreat58

Hi Everyone,

I ordered my DBP 15 Civic SI w/Nav on December 30th and just heard back from the dealership that they are expecting the car to come in on the 1st week of April, which makes the total wait time to 14 weeks. Definitely am a little disappointed since they told me it would take 6-8 weeks originally.

How long did you guys have to wait for your order? Curious to see the average wait time.

Hi Everyone,

I ordered my DBP 15 Civic SI w/Nav on December 30th and just heard back from the dealership that they are expecting the car to come in on the 1st week of April, which makes the total wait time to 14 weeks. Definitely am a little disappointed since they told me it would take 6-8 weeks originally.

How long did you guys have to wait for your order? Curious to see the average wait time.

You should see if they can source one from another dealership.

were you going for a specific color/body style they couldn't find anywhere? Where are you located?

Mine only took a few days bringing it in from a state over

were you going for a specific color/body style they couldn't find anywhere? Where are you located?

Unfortunately, no dealer had the SI sedan within a 500 mile radius of Houston in Dyno Blue Pearl with Navi so the next best option was to order it. Which I'm totally fine with since I don't trust the previous test drives that the dealer lot SI's have gone through haha.

I would re-check what dealers have... There was one in Dallas last week... Unsure if it had Nav or not though.

Update on my order, should be in by next week! So pumped. Did the dealer call you the day it came in? Or did they let you know ahead of time for the exact delivery date?

I'm getting the vibe that my dealer won't know till the day it actually shows up on the lot, which makes things tough for planning vacation days to get the car.

Here's what happens. The dealer is given a 5 day window on when the car "should" arrive. With my car the window changed once. For example; my original window was March 5-march 9. On March 7 the window changed to march 9 to March 13. The car arrived at the dealer early morning March 11. I work at the dealer so I was tracking it's total progress.

Nice! Cant wait to see it. Mine was on the showroom, so I lucked out. and it only had 11 miles so I knew not many test drives were even allowed for it haha

Hope it comes in when expected for you. I was lucky and was the only person to test drive the 15 DBP coupe i own that was on the local lot, had 2 miles on it first test drive and 14 when i bought it after 2 test drives so maybe 1 other person. Congrats on the buy and enjoy it!

Car came in March 31st! Total time of waiting was exactly 3 months. Been enjoying it since! Not sure why it had 11 miles on it since it was a special order car though...hmm.

Hard to say honestly, could be just transport moving to a joy ride from a salesman if you weren't there when it arrived. Either way i wouldn't worry to much, happy driving:driving:

Car came in March 31st! Total time of waiting was exactly 3 months. Been enjoying it since! Not sure why it had 11 miles on it since it was a special order car though...hmm.
Maybe they needed to drive it somewhere to gas it up. Dealers have accounts with gas stations so the closest one may not be the one they use. Cars ship with hardly any fuel.

Back