Want to get a new intake and exhaust

aznguy_08

Alrite, so after reading for months on all of the new exhausts and intakes that came out for the new si, i cant seem to be able to make a decision. The thing is with reading how the cai intake takes away from the torque of the car and not really seeing much dynos of the exhausts helping out our car, i dont know if i should wait for flashpro to come out and buy everything all at once? or should i just buy intake and exhaust and deal with the loss of torque and hopefully not a loss of power. As well, none of the exhausts really stand out. I like the vibrant exhausts on the 8th gen, but couldnt really find one similar to that between the new catbacks out. Hopefully someone can help me out and help me make a decision.

not sure where you're reading there aren't gains with those mods?

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/d...injen-cold-air-intake-dyno-before-after.4467/
injen - user dyno ^^
TORQUE
Stock: 143.7
Injen: 159.7
A gain of 16 lbs.

HORSEPOWER
Stock: 119.9
Injen: 133.2
A gain of 13.3 horsepower

====

ultimate racing downpipe/exhaust

12_Civic_HeaderDyno.jpg

significant gains on both.

No 3rd party has really posted dynos of other stuff yet

im in a similar spot. ive been waiting for a while now for all the intake and exhaust options to become available. but i think ive finally decided to go with the Injen CAI and the GReddy Evo 3 cat back. Both reliable name brands and both ive used before on previous cars and really liked. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

Ive had the injen before on my old civic that i liked.. Its just that i couldnt find an exhaust i liked so far. Guess ill pick up the intake for now...

anything specific you're looking for in an exhaust, or ... what you're disliking about stuff currently available?

well... wanted something similar to the vibrant exhaust, someting that has nice deep tone to it; not too loud and doesnt have a large cannon muffler. From the youtube clips, its hard to hear the sounds of the exhausts...

im in a similar spot. ive been waiting for a while now for all the intake and exhaust options to become available. but i think ive finally decided to go with the Injen CAI and the GReddy Evo 3 cat back. Both reliable name brands and both ive used before on previous cars and really liked. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

When does that evo 3 exhaust come out for us? Ive seen it on other cars and it sounds really nice

I already got the injen cai, but i dont think we need 3 in. piping for our exhausts; do we really need that much airflow?

You don't really need a 3in if you aren't planning to go turbo. I recommend the tsudo cat back if you are looking for the best bang for your buck. It's a 70mm and the only drawback for you may be it is loud, but it comes with a silencer and still has a good deep tone. At first I used the silencer but I guess I've gotten used to the sound now and found that a loud exhaust is great when the girlfriend starts her nagging about driving to fast or whatever else she feels like nagging about lol

You don't really need a 3in if you aren't planning to go turbo. I recommend the tsudo cat back if you are looking for the best bang for your buck. It's a 70mm and the only drawback for you may be it is loud, but it comes with a silencer and still has a good deep tone. At first I used the silencer but I guess I've gotten used to the sound now and found that a loud exhaust is great when the girlfriend starts her nagging about driving to fast or whatever else she feels like nagging about lol

This really isn't true. The k series does not suffer from a 3" exhaust, especially with flashpro now out. Get whatever exhaust you want, but i'd suggest nothing smaller than 70mm.

You don't need anything. You don't need exhaust, or tuning or an intake. But you certainly want those things.

a 3" exhaust is almost always better on these engines.

On the old k24's anything smaller than a 3" would choke 10-20 whp out of the engine. I've seen a 12.5:1 compression big nasty cam k24 tuned on race gas make 318 whp with a 3" straight exhaust but due to noise regs he had to run a 60mm exhaust. it dropped the power from 318 whp to 283 LOL. nearly 40 whp.

anyways, if you're going to get an exhaust, get the 3" exhaust.

Back