Wanting More Power..

well that sucks...Im probably going to keep it because of the sound. Which exhaust do you guys recommend then? I was thinking of getting that then the hondata flashpro.

So....your telling me if I leave the Intake on, and then tune it with Hondata, it will have less power than the stock?!

Also another thing to pay attention to is power under the curve, it may make 2 more peak HP but lose 10 through the midrange.

Reactions: Nix
well that sucks...Im probably going to keep it because of the sound. Which exhaust do you guys recommend then? I was thinking of getting that then the hondata flashpro.
Either Full-Race or Ultimate Racing, both make quality products

The down pipe, I believe, is where most of the power is being found. I would suggest you start there and follow that up with the exhaust. If you're able to do both at once thats great but the DP will require FP and a tune to run.

I disagree, I installed the same cold air intake from k&n and it does perform better than the stock. my dad and I both have the same car (his is totally stock) and when mine only had the intake, id still beat him. I thought maybe at first it was the driver, so we swapped cars and mine still took the lead. Unless u did a bad job installing it, the difference from stock is pretty impressive. Its more peppy, the air gets pulled in harder and the whole car is more responsive

I'll take dyno results over anecdotes any day...especially from someone who has tuned hundreds, if not 1000+, Civics.

btw, the K&N intake is not a cold air intake either.

You mention downpipe. So, I assume you mean intake header?

If so, swapping to an RBC will greatly rob this car of low/mid range torque in exchange for a small amount of high-end (near red line) horsepower. The RBC would only be recommended for high horsepower turbo builds. (not sure if there are any independent tests on the Skunk2 intake header)

@B_Rave I totally agree with @squiggy.
This has all been proven by one of the best tuners out there @VitViper
I think I'm going to go by what the experts are telling me.
Sorry dude.

Alright well new plan lol, I don't have much money to spend right now for all of that. So I was thinking of just a new intake and then tune with Hondata. Later on I will get the downpipe, exhaust and maybe even headers and then tune again. With that being said, what is the BEST intake that would give me the most power? I know a lot of you have opinions but I'm open to hear anything lol, obviously I know it has to be a CAI

Alright well new plan lol, I don't have much money to spend right now for all of that. So I was thinking of just a new intake and then tune with Hondata. Later on I will get the downpipe, exhaust and maybe even headers and then tune again. With that being said, what is the BEST intake that would give me the most power? I know a lot of you have opinions but I'm open to hear anything lol, obviously I know it has to be a CAI

A PRL CAI will give you the best power gain. Your car will not run one of these without being tuned for it though.

Honestly, downpipe and tune should be your first power mod if you want the biggest bang for your buck as far as power and better responsiveness.

A catted Full-Race downpipe is only $50 more than the PRL CAI. If you are willing (or can) go catless, it is $50 cheaper than a PRL CAI.

No need for an aftermarket intake header unless you are installing a high horsepower turbo.

Reactions: Nix
A PRL CAI will give you the best power gain. Your car will not run one of these without being tuned for it though.

Honestly, downpipe and tune should be your first power mod if you want the biggest bang for your buck as far as power and better responsiveness.

A catted Full-Race downpipe is only $50 more than the PRL CAI. If you are willing (or can) go catless, it is $50 cheaper than a PRL CAI.

No need for an aftermarket intake header unless you are installing a high horsepower turbo.
Im on the Full Race website, and it is giving me options which seems like its going way overpriced, what options would I have to choose?

Just pick catted or catless. I don't recall anyone that actually got theirs coated.

Back