Weak Battery?

NoMoreNissans

Ottawa, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
Wondering if this is normal, or if my battery/alternator is struggling and about to fail

Anytime I do anything electrical related in the car, my headlights dim. Whether it's using the window switch, or just using the brakes (which engages brake lights), this takes power away from the system and my headlights get noticeably dimmer. About 2 seconds later they slowly charge back up to normal output.

I know this kind of makes sense but I've driven a few cars in my time and never had this effect be so noticeable.

Anyone elses cars do this? Should I get a beefier battery?

Car has never failed to start or had any other electrical problems. Only thing I've added is an OEM foglight kit. Stock battery/alternator at 17,000kms

Yeah I would check if your vehicle is listed in the recall.

I've seen on my 14 civic that the headlight got dimmer (just a little) when the fan comes on but only noticed while car is motionless. Like after finished perpendicular parking.

Bit late to the party here, but I've had my battery fail twice so far. First time was 2 days after purchase and 2 years after purchase. The Honda battery supplier seems to be pretty poor. (At least for the cheap batteries Honda buys). The car got progressively harder to start up until it failed completely.

Wondering if this is normal, or if my battery/alternator is struggling and about to fail

Anytime I do anything electrical related in the car, my headlights dim. Whether it's using the window switch, or just using the brakes (which engages brake lights), this takes power away from the system and my headlights get noticeably dimmer. About 2 seconds later they slowly charge back up to normal output.

Yeah I noticed that too in my car.

Back