iluvmycsx

Mr Csx
VIP Member
Regina - The City That Rhymes with Fun
Vehicle Model
Acura Csx
Body Style
Sedan
for a few weeks we have been having a little problem it comes and goes doesn't happen consistently.

when make a turn a low speeds clutch engaged light braking i lose power. happen for a 1 second the radio turns off and lose power steering. after it happened i looked under the steering column thinking it might be some wires. noticed there were some wire that seem to be zip tied to tight and was thinking that was the problem. well a day after i still have the same problems. even when parked turning the steering wheel from side to side it will do it

any ideas engine still runs rpm stay up and happens for a spit second....?????

and it only does it on turns huh? ...hmm. Whenever I think of power loss like that, I think of the alternator...but I've never heard of this scenario.

it almost feels like there is a wire wrapped around steering column but have doubled checked. i though maybe it was the + connection on battery but it tight.tried to see if i could get it to do it again and video tape it and of course didn't happen.

So you turn the wheel and you get a power dip? Maybe follow all steering related moving parts and see if any wires are binding up on it. Might be causing a short somewhere?

A month or so before selling the Si I was getting a weird power issue also. Just driving on the road and all the lights on the dash and radio would turn off for a second or two then it would all pop back on. Happened a couple times then sold the car, lol.

I have had the same problem before and never figured out what it was. Mine hasn't done it in a while now though.

I did take it to an auto electrical shop and the guy mentioned it could be the ignition, but since I haven't had a problem with it since I didn't look into it any further.

it started doing it mostly on left turns and seemed only on colder days with the winter we had only happen a couple of time. but now that it warmer it still happen and both turns left and right. it seems as i am slowing down pushing clutch and applying the brakes it starts. it starts about a quarter turn of the steering wheel

Back