What are chances of hondata flashpro...

I've purchased a number of hondas in different states and different dealerships....not one had a lifetime powertrain

I don't recall mine having any power train warranty

i believe all hondas come with 5 year/60,000 mile, not sure what the metric equivalent is. everything else is 3/36.

And my haha most joke was laughing at the fact MOST honda dealerships do not give lifetime powertrain warranty. the dealership i used, honda of lake jackson, had excellent service throughout the deal, and the lifetime powertrain warranty was a bonus as i did not expect it. but not transferrable. would be awesome if it did though, would help resale value a loooot.

I had to pay extra for 60,000. Got 36,000 w car
You paid extra for 5/60 on powertrain? I would call Honda corporate and confirm that 5/60 is standard and get your money back. The 3/36 is bumper to bumper. The lifetime powertrain warranty I got I didn't even know until I was signing. It was a straight up no bullshit dealership and kind of small too. Probably a perk to lure customers.

The 5/60 must have been bumper to bumper. It was just a continuation of the 3/36 I remember. In hindsight it was pointless because I won't be driving often because I will be at school

The 5/60 must have been bumper to bumper. It was just a continuation of the 3/36 I remember. In hindsight it was pointless because I won't be driving often because I will be at school
In hindsight, if you paid a reasonable price it's peace of mind at least. For that small an extension I hope you didn't pay too much. I don't buy extended warranties anymore but glad I did when I was a teenager. I had 100k warranty and a/c went out, on my trusty ole '96 civic even, in middle of summer and I drove ~30k miles a years way back when. I wouldn't have been able to afford the $900 it cost to fix it. It's really been the only major thing that happened to a vehicle of mine. My F-150 had rear axle bearings go out about 70k miles about 3-3.5 years in but I was easily able to afford the $200 to get them replaced 5 years ago.

Are you asking if the Hondata FlashPro for your 2014 SI will work on a Civic Type R?
If so, I doubt it will since the tuners are car specific.

Will Hondata come out with a FlashPro or tuner specific for the Civic Type R?
As soon as they are able to get their hands on a CTR ECU so they can see how the data is encrypted and hopefully access the information, then we will have a better idea when that will be released. The CTR is a tuner vehicle. I would be surprised if aftermarket companies aren't all over this platform when it finally hits the States.

Back