What clutch to get!

Bmorelowfg4

The previous owner of my 9th gen destroyed the damn clutch and
I now need a new one. Going stage 2. Should I go with clutch masters or competition clutch from procivic.com? Or some other ideas? I also uploaded a picture of each clutch I named.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 22
I assume your civic is a 2012 if the clutch is already detroyed?? And I really like just about anything on procivic... but @PRO Civic may be able to provide some more input?

1st... Welcome.

You could help us by telling us what model car you have...... and what you might need an upgraded clutch for, as the stock clutch under normal driving should be good for over 100k miles(I've never had to replace a clutch, and most cars I've owned went well over 100k+ miles).
Also, even though you weren't the one who toasted it, you didn't say if you are good at using a stick. Reason I ask is, if you're new at using a manual, it might not be a good thing to start with a stiffer clutch, makes it harder to control.

If you're going to race it(drag, etc.), and you can control the stiffer clutch than a upgrade would make since, but not for a DD to use in city traffic, just on it being an effort for your leg.

What do you mean by "going stage 2." ? I have seen the stock clutches hold a lot of hp/tq.

I have heard good things about the clutchmasters fx350. I have not personally driven one and I have not seen one listed as specifically for the 2012+ Si yet....

I think we need to know about how much power your Civic is putting down before recommending a clutch. If you don't know the power amount, then just let us know what mods you have done. In general, the Comp Clutch Stage 2 clutches are a great product, at a really good price too. The only thing is that if you are pretty close to stock power levels, a Stage 1.5 would be more than fine for you.

I am running an exedy stage 1 and exedy lightweight flywheel on my 2013 CT-e stage 2 supercharged Si. It feels like stock. Super smooth but way better holding power.

Back