What do you do at work? (pics)

Check snow packs for anticipated avalanche
UenqB.jpg

Good luck! When I first started school I wanted to be a police officer, but all the college courses I've taken have opened my eyes to how many career paths are actually out there within the criminal justice field. Once I get my bachelor's I plan to become a Transportation Security Inspector for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and my career goal is to become a Federal Security Director for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Thanks! I've applied EVERYWHERE...did 4 yrs in the Navy and got my bachelors last summer, its been rough, im working security right now, actually working right now lol. Trying to get my foot in the door and go from there

Thanks! I've applied EVERYWHERE...did 4 yrs in the Navy and got my bachelors last summer, its been rough, im working security right now, actually working right now lol. Trying to get my foot in the door and go from there

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have friends who have been on the wait list forever. There's several departments around here "hiring" but it seems as though they never hire anyone lol. But your military experience, bachelor's degree, and current security experience should give you a plus over someone with just a degree. I had an opportunity to get my foot into TSA since that's ultimately where I want to end up, but I turned it down... I'm kicking myself in the butt now.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have friends who have been on the wait list forever. There's several departments around here "hiring" but it seems as though they never hire anyone lol. But your military experience, bachelor's degree, and current security experience should give you a plus over someone with just a degree. I had an opportunity to get my foot into TSA since that's ultimately where I want to end up, but I turned it down... I'm kicking myself in the butt now.
I tried with TSA but they only had part time positions for screening officers, I was almost in at this sheriffs dept in my county but got disqualified because my vision wasn't in their standards. Hopefully this dept is more lenient

I tried with TSA but they only had part time positions for screening officers, I was almost in at this sheriffs dept in my county but got disqualified because my vision wasn't in their standards. Hopefully this dept is more lenient

Yeah I was offered a position as a screener but turned it down only because it was a 100 mile daily commute. If I was offered a position as an inspector at that distance I would have accepted it and just moved once I saved up enough. I have a friend who was disqualified due to his vision as well, he was pissed.

Software developer reporting in. Looks like I might be the only coder on here other than Foo

I thought long before I changed my major from software to mechanical engineering. I really enjoyed writing scripts for robots which is an irony cause thats what got me into mechanical engineering as well. I currently work for HP working on ISS Servers

I used to actually have that problem in college... after not sleeping for several days straight of coding on my senior project, I was having code dreams for a while.
baaahahahah! i can only image, wait... no... waitt!!!! close that div!!! NOOOOOOOO it's never gonna work!

I have :( A capacitor blew in a server.... When it happened. we looked at each other and noded. translating to - manufacturer defect not our- hahahah

Back