What do you like/dislike about your car?

Dislike that its AT, slow, and coins fall out of the coin holder when i turn hard.
Try putting the coins in the door pocket......... Try taking it out of econ and use the D3 & 2nd ........... Or just use D3 & 2nd while leaving it in econ........ play with it......

Try putting the coins in the door pocket......... Try taking it out of econ and use the D3 & 2nd ........... Or just use D3 & 2nd while leaving it in econ........ play with it......

I use D3 every once in awhile on this incline on my way home but i feel like if i overuse it i will destroy my tranny

I use D3 every once in awhile on this incline on my way home but i feel like if i overuse it i will destroy my tranny
This is my 1st Automatic, so I'm kind of in the habit of selecting my own gears. As far as hurting the tranny from shifting, I wouldn't think that should damage it(PLZ anyone that does have knowledge of AT's , pls enlighten us).
Everything I've read about AT's (in and out of the cars manual) i , they are the ones that recommend selecting D3 & 2nd for going down hill & going up hill, for passing at a quick pace, etc.

And the only thing that they claim will hurt the tranny is not changing the Automatic transmission fluid in a timely manner.

This is my 1st Automatic, so I'm kind of in the habit of selecting my own gears. As far as hurting the tranny from shifting, I wouldn't think that should damage it(PLZ anyone that does have knowledge of AT's , pls enlighten us).
Everything I've read about AT's (in and out of the cars manual) i , they are the ones that recommend selecting D3 & 2nd for going down hill & going up hill, for passing at a quick pace, etc.

And the only thing that they claim will hurt the tranny is not changing the Automatic transmission fluid in a timely manner.

So if you're on the freeway and you need to change lanes in front of something you downshift to D3?

So if you're on the freeway and you need to change lanes in front of something you downshift to D3?

It would depend on knowing if you needed to do it or not. In the situation you described (on a freeway, all cars going the same way) I wouldn't see the need for it.
Driving on a one lane road (in each direction) with passing zones, I'd want to choose the gear that will get me around the other car as fast as possible.

2013 Civic Coupe Kona Coffee EX-L
LIKE:
1. The EX-L wheel rims. Lots of compliments. (Edit: I refer to the stock 2013 EX-L rims in Canada. See my avatar. Those rims have apparently been kept for the new 2014.)
2. The hidden exhaust pipe is genius - looks much cleaner than the hole sticking out the rear of my previous ride.
3. Elimination of the black plastic guard under front bumper, which tended to snag on parking curbs, and elevation of the bumper by ~2" higher than most curbs. Genius! (It only took how many years?)
4. The anti-wrinkle polymer on the corners of the leather seats. I wish they used the same material going up the outside edge adjacent to the door sill, because it would reduce wrinkling of leather caused by the driver and passenger sliding their backsides down the edge of the seat while climbing in, especially in tight parking spaces where you can't open the door all the way.
5. The front end. Many other makes and models have ugly elements (e.g., bites taken out of the headlights, cartoon eyeball headlights, superfluous swoopy curves, clown mouth, misshapen hourglass, chrome barbeque grille, awkward lines). IMHO this front end is clean and simple and sporty, and the headlights are downright sexy.
6. The doors and side panels seem reasonably ding-resistant, "touchwood." Some competitors seem soft as a pop can.
7. Excellent attention to fluid dynamics and movement of water over the body. You can see it when washing. It's very easy to wash and clean.
8. The colour. It's like dark chocolate with little flecks of gold leaf.
9. Ride is QUIET! No wind whistles. Far better than my old RSX, which itself was darn good.
DISLIKE:
1. GPS 24-7. I want to disable it.
2. NAV menu tree is overcomplicated and unintuitive. My passengers and I find voice command and touch screen fiddly, tedious and annoying generally.
3. MP3 player doesn't display available file name, title and artist consistently.
4. Body panels could meet more tightly where side panels meet bumper. In direct sunlight, you can see "inside."
5. Cheap plastic on the inside door panel scratches easily (shoe scuffs, etc.).
6. Eco-Drive.
7. Meep-meep.
8. Satellite radio: bad reception, dislike generally.
9. I keep turning on high beams accidentally. That switch should be moved or different somehow.
10. Same for the cell phone call button on the steering wheel.
11. No drinkholder cover. (I plan to order one custom from Yospeed.)
12. Cab storage compartments are all sharply reduced. Center compartment barely fits a tissue box. Owner's manual in glove box leaves no room for anything else.
Rgds

Last edited:
Likes: Gas saver when cruising and good power when on the throttle, LOVE the factory sound of the exhaust, the rearend of the car is amazing!
Dislikes: The huge grill. No Lip kits available yet.

Love my car hate how it sits like a 4X4 mad truck. Come on honda even with 1" clearance between tire and fender would be fine. Look at BMW they've always had great fitment.

DBP 14' CIVIC EX SEDAN

the color is cool.
Dat *** and also the front.
MPG rate.
Dislikes: Lack of power(couldve added more with ex and exl models)
Very quiet(resolved once I get an exhaust)
Gray interior is the only option for EX. Wanted black
Sits like a monster truck... Needs more low.

My only serious gripe: when I fully raise the front row windows on my 2012 Civic, the inner door panels will then bulge inward by about a centimetre - I've never seen that on any car before, and you know it just ain't right.

zejube5u.jpg
the front plate just got a ticket for not having it on the bumper. Back on now as u
can see.

Back