What happened to business phone numbers!

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Rant warning...

Just had a little bit of frustration trying to contact a company I purchased something from. Seriously. I don't understand how so many businesses don't have a phone number anymore. I don't want to wait for an automated email system to get back to me tomorrow. The product I have is not as described. It might not be an issue. I just need to know if the difference in the picture and the part in hand makes any sort of change necessary. I don't want to join Facebook just so I can contact you, then "like" your business, and then post a question you won't answer anyway. Just give me a direct line to a person. OR EVEN AN OUTSOURCED CALL CENTER! If they can't answer it they could at least forward the calls that need attention.

I already spent my $$ with you. At least have the decency to post your #. Most people won't bother with it anyway. I also don't want to chat anymore with a " live tech" person, who is most likely a bot. I have used them before but sometimes they can't answer a question that doesn't fit into a script.

Word for word transaction with the 'live support" was that the part would fit my car and it was in stock. The "bot" could not answer whether or not I had an updated version and needed a new gasket or if the old one would work.

I managed to find their phone number on the BBB website, and they were actually mad that I managed to call them and demanded to know where I got their number from. They answered and I had to ask "is this so-and-so business?"

Own a business? GET A BUSINESS LINE PEOPLE CAN CALL YOU ON! I'm not that old but its something I expect. You're not some huge corporation. How many calls a day could you get? The BBB page says you do less than $200k/year in sales. Doesn't sound like you're too busy.

Hell, should I pay with a CC that allows me to hold the $$ for a day or two until I feel like releasing the funds when you contact me? I don't think that would fly would it?

/rant

EDIT: It was not car parts.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I feel your pain on this. With my business it takes a lot less time to contact a client vs their preferred way of contact which now days seems to be FB messaging (Which I hate) and Text. In the time it takes me to type out all this information I could have explained it 3 times to you over the phone.

I sometimes get to the point where if I tell you to contact me and you do not, I just don't follow up. I am tired of wasting my time due to their laziness. I have better things to do and clients to take care of than waste my time with you hiding behind a keyboard or a mouse.

I find that most businesses that are not friendly over the phone eventually get a bad rep and go out of business or merge with others. I really don't understand the concept of going into business where customer service is required and you do not want to offer it. If I were you I would send this complaint to the BBB. Although Petty, it might help others as I am sure they will be asked why their phone number is not listed as a means of contact for their company.

Glad you were able to get your rant out, now go make them get off their lazy butts and have their own rant time when they get that BBB notice lol

Reactions: Nix
Yes! Exactly!

I honestly feel like if it took more than 3 texts we could have talked for 10 seconds and been done and better understood.

I'd say in my opinion, it seems that the phoning public have priority over people standing right in front of them at the stores counter. I think it's all messed up.
You'd think that companies should learn what has priority, in store customers, phone customers, and media customers. Then put each point of communication at the "right" priority for the situation.

I'd say in my opinion, it seems that the phoning public have priority over people standing right in front of them at the stores counter. I think it's all messed up.
You'd think that companies should learn what has priority, in store customers, phone customers, and media customers. Then put each point of communication at the "right" priority for the situation.

Especially in he event the phone customer already has their money vested in your product. Simple concept, take care of the people that are keeping your doors open!

I really hope a lot of younger people catch on to this before customer service is no more

Just a heads up, the lack of profit margin and everyones willingness to ONLY pay for the cheapest things online is what causes this, an online business cannot survive on mark ups without minimal staff, this means no one sitting around waiting for calls, and owners needing second jobs. Yes, this is the state of the industry, we are all scrapping by trying to provide all of you with the cheapest prices online. Its a race to the bottom, all we can do is cut staff, cut costs and make stricter rules regarding returns and refunds to avoid the blood letting. I mean even Amazon has never once posted profit, it's a losing fight, manning phones is expensive and full time (15 minutes on the phone and every penny we made on a $100 order is lost).

Reactions: Nix
I understand that. I even mentioned that in the other thread. This was posted months ago so its in no way directed at you guys.

Back