What is this?

Slammed _EM1

image.jpg image.jpg What's up guys I was driving today and was making a u turn to the right and this piece came off? I called my friend and he says its a stabilizer bar?!

Can I still drive the car? It feels normal like if nothing's wrong but I don't wanna get stuck somewhere and have to get a tow truck or something what can I do or should I do?

That is a sway bar end link. Your car is drivable without this piece, but you will have more body roll. If you look under the car you should be able to see where the broken piece goes. Is your car lowered, and how many miles do you have?

Reactions: Nix
That's your front end sway at end link.

I guess you can drive without it but I would fix asap by getting a new one. Right now you basically do not have a properly working front sway bar.

I would guess that riding low has taken its toll on your car.

Reactions: Nix
That is a sway bar end link. Your car is drivable without this piece, but you will have more body roll. If you look under the car you should be able to see where the broken piece goes. Is your car lowered, and how many miles do you have?

That's your front end sway at end link.

I guess you can drive without it but I would fix asap by getting a new one. Right now you basically do not have a properly working front sway bar.

I would guess that riding low has taken its toll on your car.

Yea lowered on K-sports and 31k miles
Should I get it OEM or Aftermarket?
@Nomar06 @Flightmaster127

I would go for aftermarket if they are "beefier" ones. If not, go with oem.

Did you happen to hit a pothole? Your looks to be bent and the ends that attach to the sway bar and the strut are missing. Perhaps they got ripped out when hitting a pothole.

I would check everything down there to make sure there isn't any other damage.

You could just completely remove the front sway bar also. It'll help cut down on the understeer but thats a pretty serious mod. That will significantly change the handling of the car and you may find yourself in a tricky situation at high speed. EG: My car feels a little twitchy on the highway sometimes.

I suspect that after the suspension install the bolts just worked their way loose and you didn't catch it until it came off. The nuts on the end links are supposed to be a one time use nut. The Honda ones have a slight oval shape to them IIRC that helps them lock into place when you torque them down. I have reused them before but I highly suggest new ones, they are super cheap, and as always check all your bolts after an install especially after some mileage.

I would go for aftermarket if they are "beefier" ones. If not, go with oem.

Did you happen to hit a pothole? Your looks to be bent and the ends that attach to the sway bar and the strut are missing. Perhaps they got ripped out when hitting a pothole.

I would check everything down there to make sure there isn't any other damage.

Any aftermarket ones you recommend?
@Nomar06

You could just completely remove the front sway bar also. It'll help cut down on the understeer but thats a pretty serious mod. That will significantly change the handling of the car and you may find yourself in a tricky situation at high speed. EG: My car feels a little twitchy on the highway sometimes.

I suspect that after the suspension install the bolts just worked their way loose and you didn't catch it until it came off. The nuts on the end links are supposed to be a one time use nut. The Honda ones have a slight oval shape to them IIRC that helps them lock into place when you torque them down. I have reused them before but I highly suggest new ones, they are super cheap, and as always check all your bolts after an install especially after some mileage.

Yea Ima
Check everything when I got down there I didn't install the coils someone else did but Ima make sure everything is correct so it doesn't happen again @Nix

You can almost never go wrong with OEM. If you order from some place like rock auto look for anything made by Moog, they make quality parts. As far as aftermarket you may want to ask some of the other member that have replaced theirs what their experiences are.

Back