What is your Civic SI's best MPG?

Javier Chavez

Santa Rosa CA
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Just got back from a 800 plus mile road trip and this was the best I could do. My avg for the trip was around 35 which I am very happy with. I still need to do my first oil change Which I think should increase it a little.

Attachments

• MPG.jpg
    MPG.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 49
have you guys done out the math to see how accurate the imid is? my imid was showing 32.7 mpg but the math said 29.9 i was surprised how off it was.

IMAG0082_BURST007.jpg

The best so far. I have not took a long trip at highway speeds , this is about 50/50 going easy during acceleration. Most of the time I am lucky to get 25mpg. This should get better as the warmer months come. I also usually shift around 4-4.5K(except 3rd I just love running it to about 6ish) and vtec daily. Going in today for A1 service

Last edited:
have you guys done out the math to see how accurate the imid is? my imid was showing 32.7 mpg but the math said 29.9 i was surprised how off it was.
Mine has been way off ever since I got tuned. The imid will say 19 when I'm really getting 26, or it will say 28 when I'm getting 38 (highway)
My highest has been about 38, and in the city about 26 is my average, 28 tops

From my experience the iMID doesn't consider MPG for the current tank, it only considers that if you were to drive at the current rate, how much gas it consumes as MPGs.

Yeah I just put gas and drove down hill with no throttle just was rolling but as soon as I got to the intersection and pop vtec Millage went straight down lol

Our Si sedan averages about 6% high.
Our best (full tank) run was 35.6mpg actual @ 65mph on Interstate. Have seen as high as 47mpg (on IMID display) on a 50 mile casual ride on hilly backroads - I was impressed but kept it under 55mph.
Worse, after break-in 29.7mpg at +9 to 79mph on Hiway/Interstate from Daytona to Mobile in mid-March.
At 11,245 miles we're averaging 32.11mph 33 on highway, 31 in "city" (we live in rural Western MA town).

The mpg is adjustable through imid , look in the owners manual....... I have mine adjusted to where it's only by 2 to 3 tenths of a mile from my cell phone calculator.

35 mpg on a trip a while back from Seattle to Redding, CA. But...right now...I'm hovering somewhere in the 37ish range about 180 miles into the tank. This was from last night and 120 miles on the tank.

badata7u.jpg

The mpg is adjustable through imid , look in the owners manual....... I have mine adjusted to where it's only by 2 to 3 tenths of a mile from my cell phone calculator.
CORRECTION : My mpg isn't adjustable .... it's my ambient temp. that's adjustable.......... but my mpg is usually only off by 2 to 3 tenths......

WHAAAAAAAAAT My si gives me about 23.9 MPG how do you get 35????

I have gotten upwards of 40 out of mine fully bolted and tuned. Of course that was before a 245 wide tire. Now I average between 28/32 and can get upwards of 36/37 on highway trips.

Back