What was your first job???

Cutting grass around the neighborhood at the age of 10, first "real" job was washing cars at a Subaru dealership..

First job was a cashier at a grocery store...I learned that some people are extremely rude to workers in the customer service industry for no reason!

However it provided me with enough money to buy my first vehicle when I was in high school (2000 Mazda B3000 pickup) :p

OH i got one! when I was junior in high school, i was a janitor at this nasty grocery store!! the things i saw....:barf: It was terrible, but it taught me that you're never to good to work for something.
I quit that place right after i got hired at my current high school/college job which is MUCH better! haha

My first job...I was a lot attendant for a GMC/Chevrolet/Pontiac dealer. I remember I had this hoodie that said "I <3 My Honda" and I'd wear it all the time. Finally the business manager took the time to read it and needless to say I wasn't allowed to wear it anymore. :D I stayed there 8 months cleaning up others messes. I couldn't believe how bad some of the vehicles were upon turning them in.

I worked for mcdonald's from age 15 to 17. Became a manager at 17 but they wouldn't pay me the 13.50/Hr because i technically couldn't be a manager because I wasn't 18. i technically couldn't work 40hrs either.
My pay rate stayed relativity the same (from 7.25 to 7.75). I was getting real tired of managing a bunch of 15 year old kids that were freshman's/sophomores in my high school. Besides, that branch was owned by some sketchy indian guys who would always look for loopholes when it came to business (like how they had a competent manager that got payed 7.75)

Cutting grass and selling cassette tapes and records. CD's had just come out. I learned that music is marked up 50 - 60%.

Back