What's up, 9thcivic?

JAYBLS

My name is Joey. I've been PhoenixEJ1 on other forums, but I haven't really been active on any forums lately. Honestly, I had kinda lost interest. But, with the purchase of my '12 Si sedan, and with this site (as well as the platform of the car) being so new, I figured I'd give this forum a try for a while at least.

If you would've told me just a couple weeks ago I'd be driving a brand new Si sedan, I wouldn't have believed it. I had just bought an '01 Bullitt last May and I hadn't planned on buying any other cars in the near future. Well, the Bullitt met with a tree and I was forced to find another car. Honestly, as much as I loved the Bullitt, and as much as I love Mustangs, that car was a total piece of ****. It was fun to flog it, but it was a chore to drive it like a normal car. The clutch, the shifter, the steering, even the gas pedal were all very heavy and cumbersome. Again, to be honest, as much as I loved that car, I don't really miss it too much.

I started looking for a car to buy and I remembered how much I had wanted the Si sedan when they first came out, so I started looking for an '07-'08. Unfortunately, they aren't easy to find with the miles I wanted in the shape I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. I went to the local Honda dealership to look and see if maybe they had a certified Accord I would be interested in, and a few hours later I was driving my brand new Si home! It's funny, I had just seen the new Si sedan for the first time on the way to breakfast that morning, then was driving one home before dinner.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the last couple cars I had recently. The Frost White EJ1 belongs to my best friend now, and the Bullitt belongs to a salvage yard.

This is when the coupe had black chrome Equip 03's. Looked awesome, but rode like ****.
DSC_0984.jpg

DSC_0978-2.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

Here's how it looked for most of the time I had it.
8f540616.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

Here's the Bullitt
DSC_2147-1.jpg

DSC_2145-1.jpg

DSC_3753.jpg

I had just gotten this Cervini's Terminator style hood a few weeks before I wrecked it. I only have two cell phone pics of it. Shame. It looked really good.
23622129.jpg

And my new car is a 100% stock black Si sedan. I'll post pictures of it once I get coilovers, wheels and tires.

welcome to the site... sorry to hear about your accident, but hey... it brought you here! What color sedan did you end up getting? Any specific wheels you're looking at?

The new car is Crystal Black Pearl. It looks like any other stock black Si sedan right now, but here's a cell phone pic from Sunday when I bought it just for giggles.
165500fa.jpg

As far as wheels go, I'm getting TC105N in 17x8.5 +32 and I'll be either reusing the stock Michelin's or going with some 235/40 PS2's. That won't be for a few months at least, though. I've never owned a new car, so I'm gonna enjoy it the way it is for a while.

Your EJ was a clean clean ride!

And nice purchase! Are you going to remove the pinstripes? Lol.

Welcome to the Site!! Congrats on the Si! :)

How bad was the wreck? Glad your okay!!

The dealership installed the tint and pin stripes. They will also be removing the pin stripes. I hate them.

The wreck really wasn't all that bad. It crushed the, what I assume would be called, the front passenger side sub frame rail maybe an inch or so, which is enough to have to replace it. My head didn't even jerk forward though, so it wasn't a crazy impact or anything.
be8cd4d0.jpg

So did you get it fixed from insurance and then sell it?

Welcome, where at in Florida are you? Looks familiar. I lived in Jax and South Florida for about 25 years before moving around due to the military.

Back