What's up, 9thcivic?

Slick road+four link solid rear axle=unrecoverable slide. I'd put it sideways before, even on that turn, but I'd never lost control until that time. The four link is so unpredictable and behaves so erratically that I just didn't possess the experience to recover. I'm not a bad driver, but I'm no Mario Andretti either. Hell, I'll bet even Mr. Andretti would've had his hands full in the situation I found myself in that day. I cannot emphasize enough how horrible that four link is around turns. It was wonderful in a straight line, though.

Welcome to the forum, I had a black 01 Bullett #741 and loved it & miss it. Mainly cause the first thing i dad was replace the live axel with a 03 Cobra IRS.

I was planning on doing the conversion as soon as I could. It probably would've been done in the couple months following the accident. Losing control of it like that prompted a little more motivation to get it done, but then it was totaled. I'm glad I hadn't bought it yet cause then I'd have it sitting somewhere collecting dust while I found a buyer. I've already got a Walbro pump and a kit from theretrofitsource.com sitting around now. I'm so glad I was too lazy to do the retrofit haha.

55fc09f0.jpg

9e66a618.jpg

Bam.

100% agree ...

how do you feel about the hyundai in front?

It's my brother's girlfriend's car. I went with her to buy it as she is not a fan of haggling (or any sort of controversy for that matter). I haven't driven it. In fact, the only time I've been in the car when it was moving was in the back on the test drive. So, I can speak to the back seat comfort and room: I am 5'9" and 155lbs., so by no means a large person, but I was very comfortable in the back, even with the salesman (who was easily over 6' tall and probably 270) sitting in the seat in front of me. The head room is a little lacking, but for someone of my height it was not too much of a concern. I like the third door, and the car overall is pretty nice for the price. I sat in the driver's seat and played around with it a little. The ergonomics are great and the amenities are pretty nice, with the exception of the shift knob. It has a kind of lever you pull up to be able to get it into reverse, which I am not a fan of. My brother, however, likes the shift knob, so it's all about preference. Overall, it is a very nice vehicle for the price. I am thoroughly impressed with everything coming from Hyundai/Kia right now.

My brother was considering either one of those, a Skyactiv Mazda 3, or a Civic EX coupe. For my money, I'd rather have the Civic coupe...my brother agreed. He just bought his '12 Civic coupe in Crystal Black Pearl a week or two ago and he loves it.

I'll be calling Evasive tomorrow to get an update on my wheels. Hopefully I don't run into the same issues I did with my coilovers, although I will say that these stock wheels have really grown on me. I couldn't stand them when I first got the car, but now I think they look pretty cool.

Just put a coat of Xzilon on the car. It's pretty shiny. Also, my wheels will be shipping from Evasive on Monday, so I should have them by the end of next week. Now if I could just get someone to sell me some damn coilovers, I'd be set.

Alright, so since I got ahold of BC and they aren't planning on getting any coilovers out for another two or three months, I went ahead and re-ordered the D2's from ProCivic. Well, at least that's the latest news. They're going to call me back on Thursday and let me know if they're going to be available or not as was stated in the last report they received from D2. So HOPEFULLY I'll have coilovers next week or the week after. Aside from that, the wheels are on their way from California. I should have a delivery date by tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure it'll be before the end of this week.

D2 dropped the ball again. I don't think I'll be doing anything to the suspension any time within the next month or two; basically not until these companies feel like getting on the ball and releasing their overhauled versions of the exact same product they've had on the market for years.

I take it d2 isn't getting inventory for a while?

I don't know. I'm not sure if they even know. ProCivic told me that they're not getting a clear answer from D2. I think I'll be contacting D2 and asking them directly what the hell is going on.

I don't know what it is but those tires look weird on those wheels.. :shrug: I don't know... Maybe the offset or something

They're the stock 215/45's on an 8.5" wide wheel so they're stretched a little. It'll look better once it's lowered.

Back