Whats your rpms @ 80mph

I didn't do a lot of research on my Si before buying it, either. The close ratio 6-speed became apparent on the test drive, though. I love it, especially with how easy it is to shift. It's a pleasure to drive and shift it. I don't find the highway RPM's to be much different from other cars with 4cylinder engines, though. It may be slightly higher than my wife's Toyota Matrix, which is why we only get a 31mpg highway rating instead of a 34+ as other vehicles with K24's get. That said, my iMid is telling me my current tank is over 30mpg and it's 100% city/commute driving, with several redline shifts at various times.

Well, I'll admit I was not in the import scene at that point. I was in a domestic coupe at that point (Olds Cutlass 2-door, with a wretchedly underpowered 260 V8). I did spend every spare penny upgrading it (mostly wheels, tires, exhaust, etc.), and then later went to a Mazda and then to a Volkswagen. I definitely do not know everything just because I've been into cars my whole life. I learned the basics by reading a Hotrod Magazine series on how a 4-stroke internal combustion engine works when I was a young teen.

Thanks for the welcome. I hope I can contribute here.
Welcome @ZeroTX , I swear we are not like this on the norm. Look forward to seeing what you have in store for your Si

Welcome @ZeroTX ....... I liked the diaper part........... My 1st mod was about 1962 while in the Navy........... :D

Thank you for your service, Monk! ...and I thought I was the "old guy" driving a '13 Si at age 38!! I feel really out of place at any sort of "import" meets, haha, but the "old farts in Vettes that never go fast" meets are just as awkward :P haha... We should make a group of Honda Civic enthusiasts who are not interested in "stance" or saggy pants :)

I didn't do a lot of research on my Si before buying it, either. The close ratio 6-speed became apparent on the test drive, though. I love it, especially with how easy it is to shift. It's a pleasure to drive and shift it. I don't find the highway RPM's to be much different from other cars with 4cylinder engines, though. It may be slightly higher than my wife's Toyota Matrix, which is why we only get a 31mpg highway rating instead of a 34+ as other vehicles with K24's get. That said, my iMid is telling me my current tank is over 30mpg and it's 100% city/commute driving, with several redline shifts at various times.

The last 6spd car I had was a Toyota and I was cruising at right around 2800 @ 80mph .. I dont have much experience with 6spd car... Most my cars has been 5spd or straight slush box.

Well, I'll admit I was not in the import scene at that point. I was in a domestic coupe at that point (Olds Cutlass 2-door, with a wretchedly underpowered 260 V8). I did spend every spare penny upgrading it (mostly wheels, tires, exhaust, etc.), and then later went to a Mazda and then to a Volkswagen. I definitely do not know everything just because I've been into cars my whole life. I learned the basics by reading a Hotrod Magazine series on how a 4-stroke internal combustion engine works when I was a young teen.

Thanks for the welcome. I hope I can contribute here.

Its cool brudda ... I was 20 back in 1995 ( yes I'm a freaking old fart ). Me and my Dad use to tune out old school Toyotas back in the Philippines in the 80's. Back in the early 90's I was into civics and then I went to the Toyota Camp in the late 90's ... I'm known to mod cars that arent suppose to go fast...

My old modding list is :
-1992 Toyota 4Dr Camry with a 5SGTE ( first one to do this hybrid ... first made 380whp and then pushed to 980whp )
-2000 Toyota 4Dr Echo ( sponsered by KAAZ USA, Swift Springs, Pass Racing and West End Alingment) this one was modded with a 6spd, full custom tein suspension, full stitch welded chasis, then was supercharged with a blitz supercharger and then swapped with a 2zz-ge.
-1972 Toyota Celica ( aka Dorima Celica ) did a full resto and now is sitting in the Toyota Museum in Torrance
-1974 Toyota Corona ( aka Macho Machine ) last project me and my dad did ... 20r motor
-1992 Honda EG B20Vtec 244whp
-1994 Honda B18C 201whp ( was my favorite EG )
-1990 Toyota Corolla ( 4AGZE )
-2006 Hummer H2 ( I got to wheelin in the mud)
-2004 Toyota Tundra ( lifted and s/c)

and finally my current beater 2012 Civic Si ... I love tinkering on anything I mess with ... I got out of the car scene because guns are alot cheaper...

ps. for the people that would like to see a few of my old projects... click on the link these are a few pics I have...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rippspeed1/sets/72157594479770372/

Last edited:
RippSpeed, that's an IMPRESSIVE resume of cars (in a museum? wow!)... not sure I agree that guns are much cheaper, though, haha :) I think both can be very expensive hobbies!.... or reasonably cheap ones. I flop around on hobbies. My gun collection is now really just utilitarian... hope I never need to use them, but I clean them once in a while and make sure I have a little ammo on hand.

RippSpeed, that's an IMPRESSIVE resume of cars (in a museum? wow!)... not sure I agree that guns are much cheaper, though, haha :) I think both can be very expensive hobbies!.... or reasonably cheap ones. I flop around on hobbies. My gun collection is now really just utilitarian... hope I never need to use them, but I clean them once in a while and make sure I have a little ammo on hand.
I shoot competitively in USPSA with my 10yrd old daughter...

My gun collection isnt much but they mostly custom guns ... But its alot cheaper to mod than a car. Its my way of thinking. sending lead down range I count it as putting gas into my tank...

I can afford to shoot alot because I load my own ammo ... And I buying bulk ...

@RippSpeed "The last 6spd car I had was a Toyota and I was cruising at right around 2800 @ 80mph .. I dont have much experience with 6spd car... Most my cars has been 5spd or straight slush box."

The 1st car I had was a manual 3 speed on the column............ :D

I can afford to shoot alot because I load my own ammo ... And I buying bulk ...
Do you shoot only/mostly .40? Curious as to what your cost comes out to for reloading, if you don't mind me asking.

Do you shoot only/mostly .40? Curious as to what your cost comes out to for reloading, if you don't mind me asking.
I shoot 40sw and 9mm major

40sw 100rds = $10.96 ( use some expensive powder and primers... but brass is free range pick up)
9mm MAJOR 100rds = $14.46

Is my rough estimate of what it cost me... And I can make 1500 to 1800rds an hour. If you want to know that too

substantially less than I actually thought...thanks

Thank you for your service, Monk! ...and I thought I was the "old guy" driving a '13 Si at age 38!! I feel really out of place at any sort of "import" meets, haha, but the "old farts in Vettes that never go fast" meets are just as awkward :P haha... We should make a group of Honda Civic enthusiasts who are not interested in "stance" or saggy pants :)
@KennyGS ;)

Back