Wheel spacers

WhiteFG4

Arizona
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey, I was hoping to get some information on wheels spacers. I want to put on some Acura rsx type s wheels (17x7) and I want them to sit pretty close to flush with the fenders. I was thinking it might need a 10 mil spacer. Am I way off here? Or does anyone have any pics of 8th or 9th gen civics with Si or type s wheels and spacers? Thanks in advance for any help :)

I've used 10mm spacers before. You will definitely need to replace your stock wheel studs with longer ones.

Awesome that was my next question, if the stock studs would work. I've never put in extended lugs before, how difficult is the install and is there any websites that you would recommend to purchase from? Thanks!

I assume they are available where you'd buy the spacers. I've never installed new studs, but I assume you can hammer out the stock ones, and install the new ones in place. Tightening the new studs should pull them into place.

The '07 Si had a thin metal plate behind the rotors (front). The mechanic just drilled through the plate to allow access to the studs. Otherwise you have to remove the spindle.

There are probably several youtube videos showing others doing this procedure.

Awesome, I'll check into the how to videos. Thanks! When I end up doing this ill try to make a how to for other users too :)

I found them -
MITCH's SI
thevietkid33

may be able to give you some spacing info or additional pics?

yeah i used to be on 8th all the time site was cool..heres my FG2
IMG_0300.jpg

..i loved my coupe but soon realized that it was getting annoying moving the seat forward or getting out to let my friends in and it got annoying. when i got my 9th i didn't really like the coupes and i still don't as much but they have grown on me but i love my sedan, the practicality and look of it sold me on it
and
just installed my ezlip,i just need window visors, and i also decided im just going to save up for d2 coilovers. i want to slam my car.
2012-05-25113104.jpg

2012-05-25112725.jpg

2012-05-25112712.jpg

2012-05-25112653.jpg

Awesome, thanks! I can't wait to get mine on!! I think those cars look great btw.

There are different versions of wheel spacers out there where you won't have to replace the stud.

Look up the ichiba wheel spacers. They have 2 versions and some good pics on their website to help explain it.

The ichiba ver1 requires longer studs be installed. (on anything over 3mm usually)
Ver 2 depending on the spacer size and the back side of the wheel being installed you may or may not have to grind down the stock stud.

Here is the ver2 spacer. As you can see the stock studs stick through slighly. If the wheel has indentations in the back you might be able to fit it over them without grinding them down or replacing them.
15mm-studs.jpg

http://www.ichibausa.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=37

pushing the wheels outward to be in line with the outside of the fender. Stock, the wheels are recessed into the fender area.

this is essentially a popular trend below
vip-status-albums-370z-wheels-body-kits-exhaust-bbk-picture3103-venaci-370z-20x12-305-25-20-falken-452.jpg

compared to the stock civic below
gal_lg6.jpg

spacers push the wheels <---> in each direction.

would a wheel 18x8 +37 tire 215 40 18 get the car flush? how would the look of the 12 COupe si go? thanks!

the thing is you cannot have the offset you really want when you buy online.. any recommendation how to do things right? thanks!

The +35 is going to be more flush than the +37. The stock wheels are around a +45, the lower the number the closer to the fender the wheel gets. People have run in the +22 range but you have to do a lot of fender work, rolling, trimming, cutting.

how do you roll a fender sir? is it a lot of work to the revisions of the fender? who usually do this?

the thing is what is only available for commercial the most is +37. where can we look for +35 down? are they ordered as customized?

thanks! peace!

Hehehe you will do a lot of searching for wheels when trying to decide. It is definitely better/easier/safer to buy a wheel in the size and offset that you want rather than trying to run spacers after.

Hey Mark - Start a thread in the wheels/tires section and im sure several people will help you out with pics, suggestions, and info.

Enkei RPF-1 in 17x9 +22. Very popular choice for civics going for the flush look.

890_large.jpg

Back