Wheel/Tire Sizing Suggestion Help

Bradyn

I got some 18x9.5 +23 offset on 235/45/18 and I’m on stock springs, when I hit bumps my car bounces down and my fenders smoke my tires, would anyone have recommendations on what springs/coil overs to get to get stiff suspension

I got some 18x9.5 +23 offset on 235/45/18 and I’m on stock springs, when I hit bumps my car bounces down and my fenders smoke my tires, would anyone have recommendations on what springs/coil overs to get to get stiff suspension
Do you have camber arms now? Are your fenders rolled?

Biggest issue is that your tires are way oversized. On top of that the wheels are way too wide and have a low offset.
Best bet is to get proper fitting wheels. Aftermarket spring are going to lower the car and make it worse.
I guess you could get coilovers and raise the car...but that seems counter intuitive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No camber, not rolled, what sized tires would you suggest getting for those rims? and I was thinking about getting coilovers that would leave it at stock ride height and would just be stiff

With a 9.5" wheel you need at least a 235 width. A 40 aspect ratio would better match stock.
Your current tire is 1.2 inches taller than stock. 235/40/18 is only about 1% taller

Okay, would getting coilovers to leave it at stock ride height help? Just to make it stiffer so it won’t bounce as much

I found a used pair of raceland coil overs for $290. Would they be any good? They have 5k miles on them

I found a used pair of raceland coil overs for $290. Would they be any good? They have 5k miles on them
Avoid raceland. Do a google image or web search for broken racelands and you’ll see endless pictures of broken parts on countless car forums.

Cheapest solution would be rolling your fenders. A pic of your current tire/wear or shots showing how far your tires are sticking out would help.

Are you only rubbing in the rear? Camber arms from spc/dorman would be the next option.

Prices on there are for 1 arm. You need 2 to do the rears.
Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-521-872-Control-Arm/dp/B00GJ1OP00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454292741&sr=8-1&keywords=Dorman+521-872+Control+Arm

A number of users have purchased these. They are actually SPC camber arms.

Some coilovers have camber adjustment on the front struts, and some brands don’t. Camber screws for the front can also be purchased if your front is rubbing.

I’ll be able to supply pictures tonight, but I have subs in my trunk so I was thinking either maybe my back shocks are ruined from them being back there for so long, would replacing them with stocks fix my problem for a while, or even selling the subs and getting door speakers? I would rather keep the subs in there and not have to run camber, I am getting my fenders rolled soon though

This is what I have for now, can get more later

Attachments

• BA8AE28A-D2AE-4C4B-BF5A-F3B845BD8A51.jpeg
    BA8AE28A-D2AE-4C4B-BF5A-F3B845BD8A51.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 13
  • CA409354-F4EC-4814-A7EB-21DE7A5DD1BB.jpeg
    CA409354-F4EC-4814-A7EB-21DE7A5DD1BB.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 12
IMO, you need a proper fitting wheel and tire combo. Even from those pics you can see the wheels stick way past the fender and the tires are too big. Not to mention the oversized tire is slowing your acceleration. And throwing off your speedo.
I doubt the subwoofer is heavy enough to cause issues. A stiffer shock might help but it's not going to solve your problem.

Let’s say I grab these, they wouldn’t hit anywhere? That would solve the problem? I’d get them so they’re flush with the fenders cause I love that look

Attachments

• F90C9EDD-1DFB-48A0-85D4-EF3CDD6FBD84.png
    F90C9EDD-1DFB-48A0-85D4-EF3CDD6FBD84.png
    828.2 KB · Views: 12
^that.
Rolling your fenders is going to be a waste of money/time. You're sticking out way too far for rolling fenders to be of any help. You need to change up the wheel/tire setup, or you'll have to run crazy camber to tuck the tires in.

Let’s say I grab these, they wouldn’t hit anywhere?
The wheel specs matter. That picture of of a wheel doesn't have any sizing specs on it. (width/offset). Does it list sizing options you can pick from?

215/45-17 tires on oem.
17x7+45 was the 2012 si stock wheel size from the factory.

you -
235/45/18
18x9.5+23

your current size tire is throwing off your speedometer because they're too tall of a sidewall. So when your car says you're going 60, you're going 56mph in reality. You can see in the chart just how much wider you are on the inside and outside versus stock below. Or, put in various setups to http://www.willtheyfit.com/ . Just know that you need to ignore the strut/spring info in the mockups they show. They're just there to illustrate suspension components, and have nothing to do with the reality of something fitting/not fitting.

pic0.png

the lower diagram shows the mockup of the 2 different wheels/tires on top of each other. The green lines show the current setup you have versus the orange (stock) values. You can see it's taller than stock and is over 2" wider on the fender side, and about 3/8" closer to the suspension components versus stock.

pic.png

What would be the best wheel/tire size to get to be somewhat flush with the fenders

or even what springs could I get that would be stiff enough to let me keep these wheels

Back