When to change the coil pack Civic 12 LX

Mohammed

hello

just wanted to ask when should we replace the coil pack of the civic 12 model.

I am still getting decent mileage but car rarely stutters and during engine braking if we press the accelerator pedal car slightly jerks.

will it be a problem with spark plugs or with the coil packs?

I tried scanning for codes but none shows up

Any ideas ?

How many miles do you have?

Are you stock engine wise?

yes mileage would be good to know here. If you are over 100k and haven't ever replaced the spark plugs plugs your past the service interval. Any other symptoms you can give us though because it could also be something like a dirty injector.

yes mileage would be good to know here. If you are over 100k and haven't ever replaced the spark plugs plugs your past the service interval. Any other symptoms you can give us though because it could also be something like a dirty injector.

Around 290k KM's (roughly 180k miles), I am the second owner, I don't think the previous owner did any of these other than engine oil replacement.

If the car is going 50 MPH and we release foot off accelerator and press again it slightly judders.

if you're at 180k on the stock plugs, that'd be the first thing I'd change. If you've not changed your transmission fluid, you really need to do that asap as well. Engine air filters being changed? Maf sensor cleaning? Fuel filter stock? Fuel injector cleaning..... All of those things could play a part in how it's driving.

Back