Where Have All the Flashpros Gone?

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I expected the early adopters to be gushing all over this thing, given build up to the product release. Then, really nothing since 11/5. I know some of you must have your flashpro set ups at least at the initial stages. So, what's the deal? Are you happy? $700 is a big nut to some (read me) of us, but I'm willing. Tell it!

I'm happy with the flash pro and tuning. The changes are night and day!!! My car feels extremely responsive, It's taking me a few days to get used to my car, as it feels like I'm driving a new one

Flash Pro and tuning DRASTICALLY modifies the way the engine handles ignition retard from throttle tip in, so you get WAY more torque at partial throttle and the car will just easily get to speed without having to floor it.

I'm learning that it's very normal for it to feel way different. You'll also notice more sensitive throttle response, MUCH faster rev drop and it might be hard to get used to how fast it drops between gears.

I'm happy with the flash pro and tuning. The changes are night and day!!! My car feels extremely responsive, It's taking me a few days to get used to my car, as it feels like I'm driving a new one

Flash Pro and tuning DRASTICALLY modifies the way the engine handles ignition retard from throttle tip in, so you get WAY more torque at partial throttle and the car will just easily get to speed without having to floor it.

I'm learning that it's very normal for it to feel way different. You'll also notice more sensitive throttle response, MUCH faster rev drop and it might be hard to get used to how fast it drops between gears.

Alright! Great to hear all of that Arm0ged0n. Those are the kind of things that will get me closer to buying Flashpro. You see, I bought the extra 2 year bumper/bumper warranty and have been warned against anything Hondata by the dealer, when trying earlier to get rid of rev hang through Honda flashes.

Alright! Great to hear all of that Arm0ged0n. Those are the kind of things that will get me closer to buying Flashpro. You see, I bought the extra 2 year bumper/bumper warranty and have been warned against anything Hondata by the dealer, when trying earlier to get rid of rev hang through Honda flashes.
Glad to help bro, you know that dealers will tell you anything to scare the beejesus out of you!!!

Others can testify that they had no issue with their dealership running hondata products... warranty issues are only going to arise on the part you're altering. Your entire car will still be under warranty. It's not like they're going to void your warranty on broken suspension, or electrical gadgets in the car, or whatever it may be because of hondata. The only way they'd even know if you had it on the car would be by hooking it up to their computer. Even then, you'd have to blow your motor or something for them to investigate what happened.

Others can testify that they had no issue with their dealership running hondata products... warranty issues are only going to arise on the part you're altering. Your entire car will still be under warranty. It's not like they're going to void your warranty on broken suspension, or electrical gadgets in the car, or whatever it may be because of hondata. The only way they'd even know if you had it on the car would be by hooking it up to their computer. Even then, you'd have to blow your motor or something for them to investigate what happened.
Right. And I think it makes a lot more sense to go all in with Flashpro (as opposed to reflash), because I could reset it myself to stock if need be, right?

So let me throw this out there to everyone. The money's already spent for the extended 2yr warranty (I figured at 0.9% it was a good deal. If I wanted a refund, it would come off the total due to Honda Financial, not to me. Would you undo it (about $1,300) or let it be.

Thanks Arm0 and Webby.

yes, it can be set back to the stock ecu settings. If you would sell flashpro or whatever down the road, that allows you to put the ecu back to oem.

Right. And I think it makes a lot more sense to go all in with Flashpro (as opposed to reflash), because I could reset it myself to stock if need be, right?

So let me throw this out there to everyone. The money's already spent for the extended 2yr warranty (I figured at 0.9% it was a good deal. If I wanted a refund, it would come off the total due to Honda Financial, not to me. Would you undo it (about $1,300) or let it be.

Thanks Arm0 and Webby.

I just canceled my extended warranty. I had the car 10 month and had 7000 miles on it. I got a little under 900$ and I just paid the car off so the check came to me. But I canceled mine for a turbo. I already had the reflash. My dealer said they don't care if I have hondata reprogramming. The whole warranty would not be voided just parts of the drive train if the could prove hondata did it. They told me most drive train problems are user error anyway and would not be covered under any warranty. That's why I canceled mine.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

For got to mention it's has to do a lot with the wording you use to try and get the warranty work done too.
For example I just bought my wife a 2012 pilot two weeks ago.
We went to gatlinburg to test out the all wheel drive. Well I did. She went to shop.first night there I am acting a fool and back into there gas grill. Knock out the rear back up sensor and dent the tail gate .I take it to the dealer on Tuesday and tell them the rear sensor failed and I hit a grill. They are replacing the sensor and fixing the dent. Don't know if that's standard or because we bought so many Honda's from there.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

I'm happy with the flash pro and tuning.

Did you do the tuning yourself? I am curious because I have not heard any good news about the stock tuning. For example, no one has said that rev hang is gone without at least an etune. I want to initially treat flashpro as an expensive reflash without sending my ecu in -- also enabling me to return the ecu to stock at will.

Did you do the tuning yourself? I am curious because I have not heard any good news about the stock tuning. For example, no one has said that rev hang is gone without at least an etune. I want to initially treat flashpro as an expensive reflash without sending my ecu in -- also enabling me to return the ecu to stock at will.
I got my tuning at Churchs, took about three and the half hours for the tuning.

That is correct
Maybe Hondata will soon release maps specifically for some common mods, like the Injen, Takeda and K&N intakes? I know they have them for the 8th, but how about the 9th gen?

Do you have a sense (going back to after your flashpro install but before the tune) for whether or not the rev hang was gone and the car more responsive? Or was it only after the tune that the rev hang was gone. Trying to pick your brain a little.

I got my flashpro along with the tune at the same time, so I didn't have the chance to try out the flashpro before the tune. Church's has a special offer if you buy the Flashpro and do the Tune at his shop.

I got my flashpro along with the tune at the same time, so I didn't have the chance to try out the flashpro before the tune. Church's has a special offer if you buy the Flashpro and do the Tune at his shop.

great . . . one more reason why i should be in socal :( but seriously, thx for the info.

Back