Which short shifter?

Asteezy88

L.A.
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Christmas time is coming around and I was curious which short shifter I should buy. Figuring budget is no factor, which short shifter would you guys think is the best one and why? I read every thread on this section of the forum atleast twice and still cannot come to a decision. I also read that the little adapter either cte or bwr feels the same as these shifter kits. So I'm torn between the buddy club SS and the billet pro shop SS. Even the twm shifter is an option but after reading all the bad reviews of them I'm not sure. Anyways, all information and opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot:)

Honestly, you should stay away from TWM in general. They overprice every product that they sell. The Buddyclub SS kit seems to be the better of the two since the shift is reduced by 40% (30% with the Billet Pro Shop). Buddyclub did start making their SS kits in aluminum bc they were lighter. But they ended up failing in the field. The aluminum lever was just too weak for the application. It's definitely a good thing that Buddyclub changed the material to forged steel.

Yeah good thing...can you imagine, just snapping off when your shifting... Horrible. Buddy club it is then! 150$ isn't bad at all imo. Thanks a bunch dar-dar

I'm thinking different about SS now that I've broken two shift cables,no more for me

I don't bang gears at all, it just broke, I've been driving stick for 33 years, I had to pay 540 the first time but there covering it this time because it's under 30 days. I've had enough dealing with it.billet pro has not responded to me, I may sue them.

One thing for sure it's not going back in my car.it was great, but not worth the risk.

So what broke exactly? And how come it was the billet pro shifter and didn't break with the stock shifter?

Yeah good thing...can you imagine, just snapping off when your shifting... Horrible. Buddy club it is then! 150$ isn't bad at all imo. Thanks a bunch dar-dar

I have the Buddy Club short shifter, I wouldn't change it for anything else.

I believe the billet pro is too aggressive, the right shift cable in the front pulled out and can't be fixed, it only comes as a assembly, the labor is high too.also believe the bushings are too tight also. I'll pass. Now to deal with billet pro...

There's so much debate between higher and lower. I think that I would like higher but everyone likes it lower better.

The factory height doesn't work for me, i like my seat all the way down, so it makes the shifter high. I'm going to get a non metal countersunk round one and just live with it. I bought it when it came out so I hope this is not something everyone will deal with, it's just not worth it.

There's so much debate between higher and lower. I think that I would like higher but everyone likes it lower better.

Because some don't understand what a short shifter really is. Regardless, I prefer the additional inch the Buddy Club gives. Less time my hand spends traveling from the steering wheel to the shift knob. I'd rather not have to reach into my center console to shift. I'm almost tempted to make the lever even higher.

Yea you are not alone, I don't drive with both hands all the time, it's just a preference. I don't think there is no " right" way, I know it screwed up my ride though.

Yea you are not alone, I don't drive with both hands all the time, it's just a preference. I don't think there is no " right" way, I know it screwed up my ride though.

Exactly. I hope everything works out for you. If you ever break or bend another cable, changing them yourself are extremely easy. I changed mine a couple months ago because I bent one and was amazed at the low level of difficulty.

Damn sorry to hear about that man :/ atleast you got it fixed and know for next time

Back