Who Experiences Stuck TPMS Sensors?

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Now that it's colder, I've had the tpms light come on several times. It stayed on yesterday for about 1/2 hour. Hate to take it in for something this stupid, but that's also exactly why I'm taking it in. stupid tpms.
Oh yeah. I have air in all 4 tires. All I had to do was walk around the car once!

Now that it's colder, I've had the tpms light come on several times. It stayed on yesterday for about 1/2 hour. Hate to take it in for something this stupid, but that's also exactly why I'm taking it in. stupid tpms.
Oh yeah. I have air in all 4 tires. All I had to do was walk around the car once!

Air pressure will change with a temperature change. It is normal to have to put a few pounds in each tire when temps drop to around freezing. A visual check is not going to let you know the tire pressure is low unless you are borderline dangerously low. It only takes a few pounds of pressure below recommended to set off the sensors. Just had to fill my wife's tires because the sensors went off. Each one was 3 psi low. Your light went off after half an hour of driving because the tires heated up and expanded the air in the tire bringing it back up above the low threshold to set the warning off.

^ everything just said above. Colder temps change air pressure in the tires. You need to check the psi and add air. It should reset the tpms after a short drive with proper air pressure.

35 lbs is not enough then. Will put in more than that.

Same thing happens to me. I always have to fill them up a bit more once it gets below freezing.
Even then, the warning will still pop up first thing in the morning, then will go away after a few minutes of driving.

Normal. Happens to my GF's as well as my Civic once temperatures begin to drop immensely. If the light doesn't go off after I feel as though the tires are warmed up I add some air.

Normal. Happens to my GF's as well as my Civic once temperatures begin to drop immensely. If the light doesn't go off after I feel as though the tires are warmed up I add some air.
btw, your car looks great! nice rims.

TPMs are great. they can keep you from driving on a tire with low pressure which can damage the sidewalls and lead to complete tire failure (blow-out). that is, if you heed the warning.

just recently my tire light came on, and I quickly checked my pressures. turns out one of my tires picked up a nail, and I quickly repaired it. if I ignored the light and kept driving, it would have surely left me on the side of the road.

a quick visual check of my tires said everything was okay, but my tire pressure gauge told me otherwise. 19 psi in my L/R tire is definitely not okay. summer tires tend to have stiffer sidewalls, and add to that a low profile which makes it very tough to say your tire pressures are good just by looking at your tires.

TPMs = win.

what was i thinking. 100 years. it's just a miracle that we make it this far. cars should tell us what's wrong with them. i celebrate tpms and hope for even more of them, maybe they can mandate them on bicycles and lawn tractors, the need is endless. and what about the rest of the world, starting with Canada, which doesn't mandate them. so 1910. i feel the pain of the backward and trodden-down non-tpms countires of the world. there. i've been turned around on the issue!:guitar:

Back