Who is thinking about being the first full-race turbo owner?

So we can order the kit and maybe by the end of the month get the kit. But won't be able to drive the car without hondata.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

they wouldn't be selling an item... unless hondata is available. ;) cross your fingers for the end of november

So really this kit will cost as much as the 8th efr kit, w/ the added expense of an rbc intake mani, initially I thought it would be a bit cheaper w/ integrated exhaust mani simplifying things for them a bit.. Guess not, oh well gotta pay to play.. :excited:

yea, I thought the same thing...I actually thought it'd retain the factory plastic im...there's going to be a lot more weight on that front end.

it says rbc on there...you couldn't get the kit to work with the stock manifold? Also wondering if the im plumbing will be the same for the ilx given the varying dimensions of the front end components.

YES our kit will work with stock plastic intake manifold... however there are no good quality fuel injectors that will fit the stock plastic intake mani - thats why its recommended to use RBC. In addition it is metal not plastic

we need a kit with the rbc manifold modified .. provide that product for purchase.

Roger That - we will get it done

"Full-Race Geoff, post: 108774, member: 52896"]

Can you powder coat on red?
I see the black and titanium colors

Will you test fit to see if your kit fits the ilx...the intercooler is what is tripping me up, I know everything else will bolt up just fine

Will you test fit to see if your kit fits the ilx...the intercooler is what is tripping me up, I know everything else will bolt up just fine
Might be worth asking on the ilx board for someone in AZ to stop at their shop. That is ...if FR is ok with that.

I have the funds and I have been ready. I have talked myself out of buying it so many times. Just wondering what else I have to get besides the kit. Right now I know fuel rail. injectors. rbc manifold. some kinda Turbo timer. boost gauge. maybe fuel pump .flash pro. Clutch. And probably a lot more

I'm thinking about getting the kit. The front fascia of the ILX isn't conducive to any sort of intercooler because they're isn't much of an entry point for air. We shall see what happens. I'm more inclined to keep the power lower on this platform.

Little off topic.
I told the wife I was getting a turbo for my car. And she says not unless she gets a new Suv. So now I gota go trade her crv in on a pilot. Happy wife happy life. This turbo is adding up.
Hope full-race takes food stamps ò¿ó

I have the funds and I have been ready. I have talked myself out of buying it so many times.

Just wondering what else I have to get besides the kit. Right now I know fuel rail. injectors. rbc manifold. some kinda Turbo timer. boost gauge. maybe fuel pump .flash pro. Clutch. And probably a lot more

List of items you will most likely need for a good 9thgen build: (I thought id make it easier for everyone to read and follow along, feel free to quote this post and add in your input/opinions)

- Hondata Flash Pro '12 Si
- Intake manifold should definitely be upgraded. Next step up from our plastic manifold is the Honda OEM RBC manifold (8th gen si manifold), next is the Honda RRC manifold, then comes all other aftermarket K series intake manifolds
- 3" Exhaust system
- K24z7 downpipe to mate with 3" Exhaust
- Intake (we'll see about this)
- Smaller battery ** free's up some engine space
- Throttle Body
- K series Fuel rail
- Injectors (possibly OEM RDX injectors to start 410cc, or higher)
- Upgraded Clutch
- Turbo timer
- boost gauge (pressure)
- Air/Fuel ratio gauge
- Oil temp/pressure gauge
- Fuel pump

With all this in mind (and feel free to add), you might want to improve the actual experience of your turbo build with things like:

- Short shifter assembly, (or just the short shift adapter for now)
- Shift knob
- shifter cable/base bushings
- Slotted/Drilled rotors
- new brake pads
- new rubber to grip the road, $$$ (which will most likely be accompanied by a set of new rims)
- suspension??
- sway bars
- Maybe a new front bumper. Im not sure if the intercooler fits without cutting or trimming the stock bumper. EVEN if its does, im sure you would want to open up your bumper or a secondary bumper to allow for more air flow

^do you have links to your build thread?

I have not made a build thread.
Only things I have done since I bought the car was
1.painted calipers
2.k&n drop in
3.reflash
4.full-race cat back
5.resonator deleted
6.tinted 20% that should be #1

Back