Who is thinking about being the first full-race turbo owner?

RDX 410s are def not gonna cut it..
Quoted from Geoff from other thread
"

IMHO there is (1) injector and only (1) to use - Injector Dynamics! their ID1000CC injector:
http://www.full-race.com/store/fuel-systems/fuel-injectors/injector-dynamics-id1000cc-injector.html
is now the standard for turbo builds on every platform - honda, nissan, mitsu, toyota, even motorcycles. These injectors have the best idle, driveability, part throttle, response, repeatability and perfect WOT spray patterns compared to anything else on the market. There is nothing like them, and in the hands of a proper tuner there is no issues at all with drivability, cold starts or fuel economy"

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Yep, might be able go w/ an ID750 if you plan on running low boost but they cost the same as ID1000. So might as well not waste the money, incase you want moar powa later..

I have the funds and I have been ready. I have talked myself out of buying it so many times. Just wondering what else I have to get besides the kit. Right now I know fuel rail. injectors. rbc manifold. some kinda Turbo timer. boost gauge. maybe fuel pump .flash pro. Clutch.

turbo timer is not necessary, it does nothing with an EFR turbo (ball bearing/water cooled) but everything else you listed is correct.

"Full-Race Geoff, post: 108774, member: 52896"] Can you powder coat on red? I see the black and titanium colors

we can custom-powdercoat the charge pipes and intake red, no problem just make sure to make a special notation when you order. The high temp 2000degree F ceramic coatings used on the manifold and downpipe are only available in black and ti however

Full-Race Geoff, Can we utilize the EFR solenoid for boost by gear or will we have to purchase the Hondata one?

The 9th gen flashpro *does not have boost control* integrated like the older models (not possible with this computer) so you must use the wastegate on spring pressure (no boost controller) OR connect any aftermarket boost controller directly to the EFR solenoid and you are good to go.

Will you test fit to see if your kit fits the ilx...the intercooler is what is tripping me up, I know everything else will bolt up just fine.. The front fascia of the ILX isn't conducive to any sort of intercooler because they're isn't much of an entry point for air. We shall see what happens. I'm more inclined to keep the power lower on this platform.

We're definitely interested to fit our kit on an ILX - keep in mind there is nothing wrong with running non-intercooled if at low boost (6-8psi) and the EFR 7064 would be a great match. Our turbo kits will be available for purchase in non-intercooled config for people that dont want big power. In fact the new turbo mercedes "bluetec" S series are non intercooled at 12psi (just finished working on one)

Might be worth asking on the ilx board for someone in AZ to stop at their shop. That is ...if FR is ok with that.

Absolutely! thanks webby - if there is someone on the ILX forum interested please have them email us

SgtMecca - good list, and I agree with most everything you wrote except for the following:

- Throttle Body
- Turbo timer
- Oil temp/pressure gauge
- Short shifter assembly, (or just the short shift adapter for now)

-i suggest stock TB
-turbo timer does nothing on a water cooled ball bearing turbo like the EFR's we are using for these kits
-oil temp gauge is not important, oil pressure is a good idea for a race car but not needed for a street install
-short shifter is bad for the trans, stay stock

(I will try to find some time on sunday to respond with more detail - we're rushing right now to get ready for SEMA)

scott whi - Deatschworks injectors are also very good, the only injectors other than ID that we recommend!

brown_bear - I handle engineering and tech at FR, no sales or ordering. For pricing quotes/estimates please speak with our office: 602-437-2101 or email us sales@full-race.com thanks!!

small update, post SEMA:

-We've been working with a strong aftermarket company who will be supplying DROP-IN DIRECT FIT injectors and fuel pumps specifically for turbocharging the 2012+ civic Si. This will make the stock intake manifold a viable option and not require hokey adaptor. The formal update on this will be coming as soon as i get the finished parts here

-Full-Race is building (15) 2012+ Civic Si turbokits right now, specifically for the EFR turbos. Using our investment cast STAINLESS STEEL turbo manifolds (high grade stainless is a MUST for reliable boost imo). We are contacting all customers on our turbo kit reservation list this week

-OT: Full-Race built an ecoboost F-150 for Ford and we were awarded their "Project Excellence" award for it :) you will see a lot more from this vehicle in the near future, including motor trend magazine

non intercooled config is no problem - especially easy to do with the EFR (becuase the blowoff valve is integrated in the turbo) and you can just add the IC and piping later if you wanted

SgtMecca - good list, and I agree with most everything you wrote except for the following:
-i suggest stock TB
-turbo timer does nothing on a water cooled ball bearing turbo like the EFR's we are using for these kits
-oil temp gauge is not important, oil pressure is a good idea for a race car but not needed for a street install
-short shifter is bad for the trans, stay stock

(I will try to find some time on sunday to respond with more detail - we're rushing right now to get ready for SEMA)
Full-Race Geoff that's the first time I've heard anyone say that the short shifter is a bad idea for the transmission and I'm curious to know why you say that? You obviously have more experience with these things than the average Joe.

I like the prl kit better, more turbo options, plus you can get the flashpro, id 1000 injectors and deutschworks fuel pump for only 500 more than the full race kit without all that stuff. Which doesnt even come with a dumptube, the prl kit does include one.

Looks like the 8th gen intercooler is reused on the 9th , the treadstone intercooler which is identical to the full race is only $370 where the full race intercooler is 1200+

Right, but the FR kit uses a EFR turbo, which I prefer. Also, I can run the setup without an intercooler, unlike the PRL.

I like the prl kit better, more turbo options, plus you can get the flashpro, id 1000 injectors and deutschworks fuel pump for only 500 more than the full race kit without all that stuff. Which doesnt even come with a dumptube, the prl kit does include one.

The efr turbo has a 42mm internal wastegate, which means no dump tube since it dumps through the downpipe..

Back