Why is iMid wallpaper not an option!?

I just picked up a 2014 Si and thought I was losing my mind because I could not find the menus for updating the iMid image. I put the image on the touchscreen radio successfully. What I don't understand is why the iMid gives you the extra blank image screens as if you can add images. So, when scrolling through the fuel economy, clock, and power meter, I have to go through four blank black screens to get back to a useful one. Stupid!

yeah it is stupid. Why not give us both? Actually, the I-mid WP was more useful than using up the gps screen.

Now someone try and see if the 2012-2013 I-mid will swap into the 2014+

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree... What would be the point of a black screen. Unless you don't want anything on the screen, but then if that's the case, i'm sure one would prefer a picture. idk

I use the black screen all the time, kinda like turning most of it off.

yeah it is good for that, but now there's more then one blank screen ;/ . 12 & 13 still had a black screen too + the WP

I want to look at retro fitting the 12-13 iMid

yeah it is good for that, but now there's more then one blank screen ;/ . 12 & 13 still had a black screen too + the WP

I want to look at retro fitting the 12-13 iMid

Not gonna happen unless you manage to change the software. The hardware has nothing to do with the option.

whata mean if i switch the 14 for a 13 iMid then i'll have the right software on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whata mean if i switch the 14 for a 13 iMid then i'll have the right software on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming the software is stored in the iMid itself. I doubt it is though since it is connected to the stereo/GPS and the ECU since it displays a lot of vehicle information. At the least, you will have to replace the stereo.

Last edited:
Keep in mind if you got a LX 14 civic you likely would still have the iMid wall paper feature, but once you upgrade to a EX / EX-L with the 7" display audio is when that feature gets taken away. I assume the wiring is different as well because in the LX you get a USB Port & a minijack port in front of the shift nob. On the EX+ you get HDMI & USB connection. I imagine that the USB on the LX is wired differently than the USB on the EX+. I know this doesn't really help, but i figured I would pop in =P

The iMID is nothing but a display screen. Changing it does nothing. If you want wallpaper on the iMID in a 2014 model, you have to install the basic LX stereo, or install a stereo from the '13 model. The DisplayAudio stereo is what changes the functionality of the stereo and iMID display. Same is true with the '13 model and the Non-Navi and Navi Stereos. Navi Stereos in the '13 display more audio and phone information on the Navi LCD screen than on the iMID. The Non-Navi stereo displays all audio and phone information on the iMID. It all comes from the stereo head unit, not the iMID. Why not enjoy the wallpaper on the larger 7" high res display compared to the small iMID? Personally, I prefer to view audio information than wallpaper. I would think you could display audio info on the iMID and your wallpaper on the big DisplayAudio screen.

I just picked up a 2014 Si and thought I was losing my mind because I could not find the menus for updating the iMid image. I put the image on the touchscreen radio successfully. What I don't understand is why the iMid gives you the extra blank image screens as if you can add images. So, when scrolling through the fuel economy, clock, and power meter, I have to go through four blank black screens to get back to a useful one. Stupid!
I have no idea how to display a wallpaper or why you would want a wallpaper on the 7" screen. That screen is constantly being used for the radio and to me makes no sense to have a wallpaper. The imid screen displays very little. The temperature,mileage and time. Makes perfect sense to be able to customize a wallpaper for that screen. If you look at the manual at the imid displays you see all the options for the imid display and full size analogue clock/wall paper is an option for the 2.4 liter Si. The Si comes standard with the 7" display so either Honda is awful at advertising there products online and creating an owners manual that makes sense or I am missing something.

Anyone know how to display the wallpaper on the 7" screen? There is not a trace of that in the owners manual as well.
View attachment 34559 View attachment 34560 View attachment 34559 View attachment 34560 View attachment 34561 View attachment 34559

I strongly agree. I'd prefer to have the wallpaper on i-mid which I don't have to touch it but can look at it whenever I want. Why not just give us both option, to put it on i-mid or/and navi. No point to have the blank and clock slides.

Finally got my answer after hours and hours looking around! Grrrrr. Owning a 2015 Si sedan, I thought I'd have the option of having both the i-Mid and 7" touch screen displaying different wallpapers. Come to find out I've been wasting my time resizing pics and doing research for countless hours. :confused::confused: Makes sense to have it on the touchscreen , but they should have had it for both screens....... blahhh!

Back