wideband gauges

bill silvis

Latrobe Pa
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
coupe
not sure if this would go here or not, but im looking into getting a wide band gauge and would like some info, my downpipe has the normal two threaded openings for the 02s but my buddy who has a different car, custom made exhaust (same concept id imagine) has an extra bung for the sole purpose of a wideband gauge. is that something id need or could i just use the primary o2 sensor spot and run the wires for the gauge that way?

Ah, I think @Sleepingpanda has some gauges. He might be able to help you. I'm not sure how he wired them or which ones he has though.

Assuming you have FP, you'll want to disable your secondary o2 in the tune and replace the physical secondary o2 with your new WB monitor. Do not put it in the primary o2 bung as it is what the ecu uses for fueling.

Reactions: Nix
Like 7civics said. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR PRIMARY O2 sensor. You can disable the secondary one. And install the wideband O2 in its place.

okay cool thanks guys, im getting tunes now so id imagine vit disabled it already, i havent looked at any of the maps just flas them and go but thatll probably be one of the next things since im out of stuff to buy

Can I chime in??? I read that having the wideband further down the exhaust won't give you good a/f readings (especially on turbos). Maybe Hondata corrected that.. but I wanna know if it works out good because I have a wide band by the secondary o2 sensor but I just use it so I can see the a/f ratio...
What are the benefits of using the wideband??

A wideband allows you to make sure that you aren't running lean. This is horrible for an engine because it leads to knocking.

A wideband allows you to make sure that you aren't running lean. This is horrible for an engine because it leads to knocking.
Right.. but im not sure what the benefits would be for wiring a wideband sensor into your ecu.. it gives better readings? I saw that some people do this

I've never seen anyone wire it to the ecu. Usually they come with a sensor which is welded into the downpipe for the best readouts. Are you just looking for what the car's stock sensor sees?

No.. I just thought there are better widebands then the stock o2 primary sensor.. Flashrpro has an option for it too.. I have the aem wideband sensor and guage but i just use it so i can see it on the dash.. But i thought i can put that in place of the primary o2.. Maybe its more accurate then stock

So if you use that wideband it reads the a/f levels better and the ecu would be able to adjust more accurate., thats what i thought the wideband feature was about on flashpro.. correct me if im wrong please

It does read them very well but it's more so for the driver than the ecu. It can help you diagnose possible issues and let you know whether you are running lean or rich. I would consider it more of a tuning tool than anything else.

Ok.. Then so no point in trying to wire it in. Yea i look at it all the time.. I feel safer knowing that in not running too lean

wait so my aem air/fuel ratio gauge goes hooked up with o2 on downpipe and doesnt replace the o2 on manifold?

wait so my aem air/fuel ratio gauge goes hooked up with o2 on downpipe and doesnt replace the o2 on manifold?
Thats what im saying i think some people hook it up to the turbo manifold and wire it in to the ecu ... And i thought you might get a better tune that way since the aem sensor is more accurate..But if you want to use just so you can see it, then you can use the secondary o2 sensor spot since you have it disabled through flashpro.. I had a bung welded in my down pipe right by the secondary o2 sensor..

8da67c119e6718c93fc2625a8964f27c.jpg
got a present in the male today too kev.. Did you install yours?

Thats what im saying i think some people hook it up to the turbo manifold and wire it in to the ecu ... And i thought you might get a better tune that way since the aem sensor is more accurate..But if you want to use just so you can see it, then you can use the secondary o2 sensor spot since you have it disabled through flashpro.. I had a bung welded in my down pipe right by the secondary o2 sensor..
yeah i thought it just goes to the turbo manifold

Back