Will 17x8 +40 rub?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tire Upgrades Sponsored By Tire Rack' started by Steve-O, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Steve-O

Steve-O Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    2CE6BE96-D6EA-462D-A788-CAB8B17E4733.png So I found out I have 2 bent wheels from a near accident sometime back. Which means it’s time for my first set of new wheels! I’m looking at some Konig Ampliforms in 17x8 +40 with 225-45 tires. I couldn’t find much info of people on here with +40 offset. I plan on lowering it sometime in the future 1-1.5 inches (possibly HFP). Any idea if they will rub on my ‘13 Si Coupe? Also do y’all have any recommendations for lug nuts and locking lug nuts?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

3. Steve-O

Steve-O Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Coupe
  4. sunofwolf

sunofwolf Active Member

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted glass coupe 136mph! SRT-4 180+! VFR-800-11750 rpm 10.9 1/4 130+! Neon 2001!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    open ended $50 Lug nuts- I used 7075 alloy-must be hand tightened and checked once in a while-use some anti seze so he lug nuts won't weld to the the steel-loss about a pd per wheel. I have a set on Koing 17 x7 daylights not made any more-only 17 pd rims which will run the 225 size same as the stock wheels I may add-what about tnps sensors-you will have to add if you want to take off the traction control-Honda didn't have to add this to its computer program which pisses me off

5. dpetro1

dpetro1 Well-Known Member

Very functional setup, you shouldn't have any rubbing issues.
    As for lugs, take a look at the muteki sr35

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Steve-O likes this.
  6. Albunz

Albunz Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I used to have an 14 Fg3 automatic, and recently bought a 15 Fg4 SI. On my old car I was running an 18x9.5 + 40 on 215/35/18 equipped with 20mm spacers all around and rear camber arms.

I’m deciding to transfer my wheels over to my new SI and run 18x9.5 +40 with a 225/40/18. I’m still stock everything but I plan on going megan coilovers with about an 1.5” drop. My main concern isn’t the fenders, but the inner strut. Will I clear? (I’m still waiting on my wheels to get back from powder coating so I can’t physically test fit) I don’t wanna buy tires for it yet if it’s not gonna clear anything.

Thanks much!

7. dpetro1

dpetro1 Well-Known Member

You are probably better off posting in the wheel/tire fitment thread. The OP has a totally different setup than you.

I know there have been some issues clearing 9" +45 so you may have the same issues up front. Pretty aggressive fitment for these cars.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Albunz likes this.
  8. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/9thcivic-ride-of-the-month-january-2013-winner.6705/
    He ran 9.5+38 on bc coils but it still took fender work.

9. Albunz

Albunz Well-Known Member

Thanks, Webby!

I wasn’t worried about the fenders because I could roll them a little if needed. I’m more worried for the strut. +40 might be a little close, or might even hit at full turn. Could someone give me guidance if I were to need to run a spacer. most I’ll go is 3-5mm.