Will @ 2012 ECU work in a 2011 Honda Civic 1.8 engine

wes

My mechanic swap a 2012 engine in a 2011 Honda Civic coupe EX. 1.8 gas engine..Will not start up, turns and misfires!!!

Yes its a major plus screw up as this is a 8th generation car body with a 2012 9th generation engine,

Question? Will a 2012 ECU Electronic Control Unit ( computer brain) work in a 2011 electrical harness?

That is the problem..any suggestions.

I would say no since the dash is very different. I would expect the electronics to be a completely different system. The 06-11 cars were very similar and the 12-15 cars are simlar. Crossing between the two is going to be difficult.

Why swap in a 12+ engine when 06-11 engines are less than $800 complete from AHparts if you bought one on your own? Seems like unless the engine was free it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Also the 12+cars don't have the upper torque mount that the 06-11 cars have. Right away you can tell that things aren't the same.

I recall hondata talking about the differences to the ecu when the 2012+ cars came out. Something about injector pulse or whatnot was totally different so they couldn't even get the 8th gen hondata working on the 9th. They had to make a new unit for it.

I recall hondata talking about the differences to the ecu when the 2012+ cars came out. Something about injector pulse or whatnot was totally different so they couldn't even get the 8th gen hondata working on the 9th. They had to make a new unit for it.

Thanks that is helpful,

My mechanic over reach and went with low miles 2012 thinking it would work in a 2011.Now we are trying to replace the ECM and elect. engine harness. That should work on the 2012 engine but not sure about the rest of the car body wise since its a 2011?

I know the O2 sensor is the same for both a 2011 and 2012. Just wondering what else might throw this off?

Thanks that is helpful,

My mechanic over reach and went with low miles 2012 thinking it would work in a 2011.Now we are trying to replace the ECM and elect. engine harness. That should work on the 2012 engine but not sure about the rest of the car body wise since its a 2011?

I know the O2 sensor is the same for both a 2011 and 2012. Just wondering what else might throw this off?
I don't know enough of the differences wire harness wise. I would seriously advise reaching out to Doug to see if he can answer anything or provide specifics on what would cause you issues. Remove the space after the @ symbol.

doug@ hondata.com

Back