Will not start

I think the negative cable is connected to the trans or somewhere on the body. That fuse looks fine to me. Check the main fuse too.

and I am not even tryimg to turn the key that's with it on ignition but the motor off

Signs the Starter has Failed:
  • A broken starter will make a clicking sound when you turn the key.
  • The car won’t start, but the dash lights are on.
  • Jump starting your car or truck does not turn over the engine at all.
^ makes me think it could be your starter since you said you couldn't get it to jump?

If you have another car or can get access to another car you can use the battery from it to see if that helps the situation. If it does its your battery, if not you can look further into the issue.

A corroded or loose ground could cause the issue for sure, and like webby said it could be the starter if you've ruled out everything else, which would explain why you could push start the car. But you may also have a combination of issues seeing as your still having lights come on after you get the car started which can be an idication of bad ground or weak battery signal, or both.

Signs the Starter has Failed:
  • A broken starter will make a clicking sound when you turn the key.
  • The car won’t start, but the dash lights are on.
  • Jump starting your car or truck does not turn over the engine at all.
^ makes me think it could be your starter since you said you couldn't get it to jump?

the only thing that gets me is it does that flicker and clicking with the key on ignition not even trying to turn it over. but with just aux it does not do it, it works just fine.

I found my problem it was a bad Diode in the alternator. I was hoping it was just the battery but I guess it's ok I was wanting to replace the belts anyway.

and thanks for all the help gents.

quick question for replacement of the alternator and belts is it kind of easy? looking at it does not seem hard.

Back