Will this throttle body work?

Which one are you looking at on the page? The link pulls up the whole list.

As far as gains, not sure. Unless you have intake/exhaust mods that will utilize a bigger TB then I think it would. The biggest area of improvement though would be a 3 angle valve job as 9/10 times your valves are the biggest restrictive area for air flow but pulling a head is far from worth it just to get valve work done on a DD.

As far as I know none of those TB's will fit your car or work properly with the DBW system on it. A few people have sent their TB off to maxbore to have it enlarged. The IM is definitely a choke point on these engines. Weapon-R made the only aftermarket IM that I know of for the R18. I don't know if it would fit the 2012+ cars but I suspect it would. It's also hard to find and pretty expensive.

I haven't looked at your build in a while but have you gotten/looked into the new RV6 DP that's available? Or have you already replaced that part?

vitviper has repeatedly said that at least on the k series motors that you're lucky to gain 2-3hp with a larger throttle body on naturally aspirated engines.

Yea, i have the catted Rv6 DP best bang for my buck yet...coupled with a straight pipe from the axle back really improved my mid-high range power

Reactions: Nix
vitviper has repeatedly said that at least on the k series motors that you're lucky to gain 2-3hp with a larger throttle body on naturally aspirated engines.

And those gains are right at/near redline.

If you're really set on staying NA, look for the weapon-R intake manifold. If you're going SC with the jackson or KW kit, it'll still help a ton. hahaha. Cams are available but very hard to find. The are drop in so you won't need a valve train upgrade to run them but the gains are pretty minimal.

Seriously though, if you are keeping the car the KW kit is awesome. Just needs to be a 5-speed for it all to fit with the IC piping. The Jackson kit was designed to run reliably and very well with all stock parts so having the upgraded dp/exhaust is going to be great for power. If you are shooting for mid-200's I think thats very do-able without having to upgrade the transmission.

IF you do decide to get into the trans at all, there are 2 LSD's that should fit your car.

Back