bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Windows10_Logo.png

I know we have a "Official Computer Talk" Thread ( http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/official-computer-talk-thread.3823/page-51 ) but maybe more people will see/post in here.

Who has upgraded to Windows 10? Issues? Opinions?

I am not going to upgrade my desktop to Windows 10 (currently Windows 7) yet. I might upgrade my laptop soon.

Let us know what you think or what issues you've came across.

My friends mother upgraded her desktop to windows 10. She immediately had issues logging into her account.

I'm probably going to wait several months before I consider upgrading so bugs and comparability issues are worked out.

I just upgraded to 10 from 8. It was free. So why not? Lol.

There are no issues so far. And I noticed that Windows made a new browser called Micorsoft Edge just for this new OS. I have not tried it though.

i ran windows 10 beta in my virtual machine and loved it, thinking about upgrading my 7 to 10 but have to make sure the software i support works on it first

My friends mother upgraded her desktop to windows 10. She immediately had issues logging into her account.

I'm probably going to wait several months before I consider upgrading so bugs and comparability issues are worked out.
I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 (from Windows 7). I was able to log in but went out to dinner with my wife, parents, sister and niece.

Will mess with it later. Don't have any special software on the laptop..

Been running it in a virtual machine since the first alpha. Runs fine. I never used 8 or 8.1 more than about 10 minutes so my comparison is with Win7. Works as well as 7 and maybe a bit faster. I have over 25k users who will have to update eventually so there's been a LOT of testing. So far, 99% of apps work.

I have been in the computer industry for the past 15 years or so, and it seems to be a very solid release compared to some of the older versions. I have been running windows 7 for a while now, and did the upgrade to 8.1 last year, I ended up going back to windows 7 due to none of my racing simulation games working under 8 or 8.1. Did a clean load of windows 10 last week and so far so good. All my games run and all the software I was running under 7 is working well. I think it is probably about as good as 7, but with new features.

Funny thing I noticed with edge is that it seems to run flash much better than IE (Even though edge is based off of IE).

Microsoft has a track record of every other release being good.
98-good
Millennium-bad
Xp-good
Vista-bad
7-good
8-bad
10-should be good

"Upgraded" to Windows 10 and now I have no sound at all and my touchpad won't scroll. Been in touch with Asus, who built the laptop, and they claim to be working on new drivers. Aggravating, to say the least. At least it was a free way to mute my laptop and require the use of a mouse.

"Upgraded" to Windows 10 and now I have no sound at all and my touchpad won't scroll. Been in touch with Asus, who built the laptop, and they claim to be working on new drivers. Aggravating, to say the least. At least it was a free way to mute my laptop and require the use of a mouse.
Did it fix the issue? Just curious.

So they just skipped windows 9?
Thought I missed out on 9.

Currently waiting on my free upgrade from 8 to 10! Cant wait. I hated 8.

Is the interface different for 10?

So they just skipped windows 9? Thought I missed out on 9. Currently waiting on my free upgrade from 8 to 10! Cant wait. I hated 8. Is the interface different for 10?

Yes they skipped Windows 9. You didn't miss out :giggle:

Did you already reserve your free upgrade? -> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade

Windows 10 interface is a bit different (good difference). I like it. I have it on my laptop but on my desktop I still have Windows 7. I am going to wait a bit before upgrading that machine.

So they just skipped windows 9?
Thought I missed out on 9.

Currently waiting on my free upgrade from 8 to 10! Cant wait. I hated 8.

Is the interface different for 10?
Because 7 8 9.

Back