Windshield wiper position

scott

New York
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
coupe
This might sound like a silly question, but in the off position my drivers side wiper seems to settle a little high at the bottom of the window....just enough that I can see it and it looks like it doesn't quite fold down enough.

Does anyone know if these are adjustable? Perhaps there is a pivot bolt with adjustment teeth or something?

Going off the 8th civic but prob is the same on the 9th.

At the pivot point on the wiper arm there is a little cap to remove that exposes a bolt that hold the wiper down. Remove that bolt and remove the wiper. When you remove the wiper you will see the teeth you mention. Reposition the wiper arm to where you want it and put the bolt and cap back on.

Trying to pull up a pic that would explain this a lot easier but work filter are preventing me to see pics. Sorry....

I removed the cap and loosened the arm bolt but could not pull off the arm to adjust the position. I had to bring the car back to the dealer for something else and they said the arm is in the right position and I should not move it .... so I guess I will leave it for now.

Back