Winter driving in your Civic

my car has never seen snow and i dont think it ever will i look at the weather and if it says snow the next day then my lady drives me to work lol

This is a thread i like :)

I live in Ottawa Ontario so we do get a lot of snow, not as much as in the north but still some serious amounts of snow ice and slush.
Car is 2012 Si MT with Nokian Hakka winter tires.

I do drive the car daily regardless of weather outside. I find the handling good for a FWD in winter, on snow and slush. On ice one has to have an light foot on the throttle or you get nowhere. Turning TC off is a must in my opinion.

Considering the car has good handling in dry weather it translates well in winter driving as when it slides it slides in a nice controllable manner. Understeer is more prominent but then again so are all FWD and you can fight it by throwing the tail around but that's something not very safe to do in winter time on public roads :)

I have LX sedan with automatic. Using stock tires, it's crap to drive in Ohio, but I get by. Just drive carefully. It's doing fine in light snow, slush and rain. But in heavy snow I have to drive extra slow.

Last edited:
i have a 2012 civic si 4dr..driving on work emotion wheels w/all season tires. :-D and it snows pretty bad here in new england

This is a thread i like :)

I live in Ottawa Ontario so we do get a lot of snow, not as much as in the north but still some serious amounts of snow ice and slush.
Car is 2012 Si MT with Nokian Hakka winter tires.

I do drive the car daily regardless of weather outside. I find the handling good for a FWD in winter, on snow and slush. On ice one has to have an light foot on the throttle or you get nowhere. Turning TC off is a must in my opinion.

Considering the car has good handling in dry weather it translates well in winter driving as when it slides it slides in a nice controllable manner. Understeer is more prominent but then again so are all FWD and you can fight it by throwing the tail around but that's something not very safe to do in winter time on public roads :)

Exactly the same comments as Dragos.. I actually live across the river from Ottawa,Ontario and we get all kinds of crappy weather in the Winter.

I drive a Si sedan with Michelin XIce 16 inch winter tires. Shutting off the traction control is the key to driving in the deep snow. It just bogs you down otherwise.

The car is no worse than any other FWD car that I've ever known. It's a great car all year 'round.

Exactly the same comments as Dragos.. I actually live across the river from Ottawa,Ontario and we get all kinds of crappy weather in the Winter.

I drive a Si sedan with Michelin XIce 16 inch winter tires. Shutting off the traction control is the key to driving in the deep snow. It just bogs you down otherwise.

The car is no worse than any other FWD car that I've ever known. It's a great car all year 'round.

I do have downsized tires as well, 16s. I used to live in Gatineau, 8 years almost btw :)

One notable thing is that for winter downsizing makes sense on the Si. I went to 205 16.

Last edited:
07 LX Sedan MT on 16 inch Motegi SX-7 matte black wheels and General AltiMax Artic Tires..

Live in South East PA, get the occasional heavy snow but the last few years its been light..

Car is fun in the snow and slides around easily but is very controlable and the only time I have ever had a problem is when the snow is deep enough for me to actually high center the car..

I think I take the cake in this thread. I live in Winnipeg Manitoba and winters here are a *****. Driving my new silver civic coupe 2012 (non si) completely stock, AT,
so far through the winter handled great.

He has the hfp body kit on his civic. He parks it during the winter to avoid damaging the car.

Back