Winter Driving Tips

I could post literally hundreds of pictures, but the point is, you can have the best winter tires in the world, but they can't make up for a lack of skill, a lack of paying attention ( texting, looking for a CD, etc )... IE, not "miracle tires that stick to ice". Like Ron White said.... 'You can't fix stupid"

I could post literally hundreds of pictures, but the point is, you can have the best winter tires in the world, but they can't make up for a lack of skill, a lack of paying attention ( texting, looking for a CD, etc )... IE, not "miracle tires that stick to ice". Like Ron White said.... 'You can't fix stupid"
This reminds me of how I did other things when driving cross-country(semi's).............. I "felt" for whatever I'm "Looking" for, never taking my eyes off the "Big picture" of what's happening outside. .... If you need to look, leave it alone.
This being my 1st computer wired steering car, I'm seeing where these will get off course from doing almost nothing, where normal (before wired steering) mechanical steering had just enough free play to stay on track with a little wheel movement. So I'd just say be aware of this in icy conditions to use some of that soft touch on the steering wheel....

Quoting from tire rack "The winter tire equipped car stopped in a distance of about 59 feet, while the all-season tire equipped car took an additional two car lengths, or about 30 more feet. A 30-foot difference in stopping distance during a panic stop at 30 mph on a snow-packed road is more than enough to determine whether it's a near miss or an accident!"

Winter tires do not fix "stupid" but they make a world of difference for calm defensive driving.

The people from the posted pics I bet do the same during summer. What they lack is proper driving education in my oppinion.

Quoting from tire rack "The winter tire equipped car stopped in a distance of about 59 feet, while the all-season tire equipped car took an additional two car lengths, or about 30 more feet. A 30-foot difference in stopping distance during a panic stop at 30 mph on a snow-packed road is more than enough to determine whether it's a near miss or an accident!"

Winter tires do not fix "stupid" but they make a world of difference for calm defensive driving.

The people from the posted pics I bet do the same during summer. What they lack is proper driving education in my oppinion.
I think it all comes back to following to closely........ I watch ppl all the time sitting on someones bumper knowing it's a double yellow for miles .............. why????????

Two sec's on dry roads 3 to 5 on wet, more on ice, pretty simple.........

I've driven on summer tires before, I was working and got caught in a surprise snowfall here.Like it was clear one minute, then BOOM snowing like crazy, my boss sent me me home. Boy that was one hell of a drive home, Barely made it up a tiny tiny hill. But beat the rest of the snowfall which cause the beltway here in the DMV to completely stop. bought tires for my stockies since they needed tires and swapped them ASAP. But great advice in this thread :thumbsup:

34pyq83.jpg

if you need to use chain put them on right

That's funny ........ If I were to run chains, it's nice to have front wheel drive then the chains are helping to go and stop.

Another tip that will help ppl that have rear wheel drive automatics, is to put them in neutral while stopped......... I've seen many a car sitting with their brakes on? and the rear wheel spinning while waitting for a light, which will heat up their rear tyre and as we know if the tyre heats up the traction lessens ............ why the wheels are turning doesn't make since if the brake is on, I guess that also shows how much less the rear brakes work with the front(could be that drum in the rear thing, this is my 1st disc rear car.)

Back