squiggy

Cartographer
VIP Member
Michiana
Vehicle Model
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Body Style
Convertible
As I was sitting at a light today with my wipers on and the clutch depressed a bit (on a hill) and noticed how hard the wipers "hit" at each end of the cycle. I could actually feel it in the pedal. Has anybody else noticed how jerky and loud their wipers are?

I don't think so, but I will take a closer look now that you mention it.

he makes a good point - they can be adjusted if they're striking that lower plastic.

or it could be the action of the sudden stop at the end of a wipe cycle. The wiper motor is pretty strong.
You will probably see a mark on the plastic trim if the wipers are hitting.

I checked yesterday. They are not hitting anything. The odd thing is that I could not replicate it. I wonder if it had something to do with being on a hill? That doesn't make much sense though.

Maybe if you can replicate it again on a hill in somebody's driveway, you can get out and look at it from the outside or under the hood.

Very interesting though. :scratches:

maybe something with the rubber blade itself?

Thanks for the impetus to do more research about wiper blades. Unfortunately, that article is sparse on details and simply links to consumerreports.org and the first page I see is a sign-up page. No thanks. I did some other research on my own though. Seems like Bosch Icons, Valeo 900 Ultimates, or Rain-X Latitudes all would be about comparable. It should be noted that these are all beam style blades. I feel beams style is a must for anyone that lives in an area with ice and snow. I just bought my wife some Bosch Icon's for her Insight a few weeks ago and she loves them so far. Must wait and see once it starts to snow, though.

Back