wonder if UPS/Fedex will deliver it

I’ve been seeing a ton of new “television” technology lately that has been blowing me away. Like those screens that are see through but with a flick of a switch put out an awesome display. Gotta wonder what kinda stuff we’ll se in 10 years.

have you seen how thin the "flexible" ones are?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uazGyw99e0

Doesn't surprise me. LG had the W-series OLEDs. I saw that at Fry's when price shopping my TV. The only thing to it was the glass layer on the back. You make that plastic and you have a flexi-TV. I'm all in on the OLED tech. Samsung is singing old tech with it's QLED and micro-LED. That's all backlit LED tech. You can go bigger for cheaper, but you need to go OLED or any variant of that to get to these wallpaper and flexi-TVs that LG is showing off.

It's sad because Samsung and LG are fighting it out with their AM-OLED and P-OLED screens (hyphenation done for OLED emphasis) on cell phones while LG has taken that tech to the large-format TV screen and Samsung has rested on their laurels to keep a high market share on TV with marketing gimmicks. Woo, you can saturate colors but your screen is still based on 10 year old LCD technology...

• Staff
Lg oleds are quite impressive. I was just in a magnolia Best Buy store, and the lg ones def stood out.

I might have a 55" C7 in my living room now. :hiding:

• Staff
You need my shipping info?

Sure! I'll send you a TV. I'm always feeling charitable. :)

Back