---->XenonDepot LED Headlights - The verdict is in.<----

XenonDepot

Are you looking to upgrade your vehicle's headlights? Confused about the differences between LED headlight kits and HID kits? What's brighter, what's better, what should you get??

In short, HID kits are going to be brighter, but the XenonDepot LED Headlight Kits are a very effective upgrade - and simple to install to boot!

Check it out:

The following pictures are from a 2015 Toyota Highlander with HID, LED and Halogen bulbs. - H11 headlight

On the road:
15-highlander-3.jpg

Close range:
15-highlander-5.jpg

Wall shot:
15-highlander-4.jpg

Distance shot :
15-highlander-2.jpg

-

The following pictures are from a 2014 Honda Accord with HID, LED and Halogen bulbs. - H11 Headlight

Halogen Bulbs:
xd-halogen-compare.jpg

LED Headlight Kit:
xd-ledheadlight-compare.jpg

HID Kit:
xd-hid-compare.jpg

-

The following pictures are from a 2015 Toyota Camry. - 9005 LED Headlight Upgrade

High Beams:
15camryled-24.jpg

Daytime Running Lights:
15camryled-25.jpg

-

The following pictures are from a 2015 Jeep Cherokee with LED Fog Light Kit. - PSX24W LED Fog light upgrade

Halogen vs LED fog light kit:
fogs-only-compare.jpg

fogs-only-from-inside-compare.jpg

-

The following pictures are from a 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S with LED Headlight Kit. - 9005 LED headlight upgrade

LED lamps are on the RIGHT and the HIDs are on the LEFT.
IMAG1379.jpg

IMAG1380.jpg

Awesome work! LED headlights are finally a practical way to go. :thumbsup: One clear advantage is that the LED bulbs are easier to install.
Curious about approximate cost difference. HIDs are still a little brighter, but the LEDs are brighter than stock halogens and have the blueish white colour everyone loves.

They were great while they were in my civic! Now selling them to try PIAA.

LED brightness is great!

No I'm referring to PIAA xtreme white halogen bulbs. After seeing the beam pattern and color, I really want that. I didn't want to go through shipping my LED back to pay restocking + shipping so that's why I'm just going to sell them. The color on the LED I had was great though but wasn't very impressed with the beam pattern.

Are these headlights seen to work in non-projector headlight applications? Do they still have the proper beam output and cutoff in the typical reflector housing headlights?

My experience, my co-worker had Honda Accord and projectors. It looks GREAT! Nice light distribution and color. Also aesthetically looks more modern and new.

On the other hand when I had it on my civic, I saw two strong beam patters. It was strong enough to that anywhere but those beam patter would look very poor in lighting. Sitting in the drivers seat and holding my hand up to cover the two strong beam pattern, I saw minimal lighting. What made me not like them more was every time my lights hit a wall I would see two circles. This was so annoying to me. Hence why the distribution of light was not good.

No I'm referring to PIAA xtreme white halogen bulbs. After seeing the beam pattern and color, I really want that. I didn't want to go through shipping my LED back to pay restocking + shipping so that's why I'm just going to sell them. The color on the LED I had was great though but wasn't very impressed with the beam pattern.
What was the wattage and lumen output of the LEDs you tried?

Are these just like installing normal bulbs? Plug and play? I'm not the most mechanically inclined. I would like led or hid bulbs in my 13 Si. I have projectors. I also want them for my fogs so they look the same. I tend to have both on all the time. Also.. What about brights? Anything I should know about the install? What would you suggest? TIA.

Are these just like installing normal bulbs? Plug and play? I'm not the most mechanically inclined. I would like led or hid bulbs in my 13 Si. I have projectors. I also want them for my fogs so they look the same. I tend to have both on all the time. Also.. What about brights? Anything I should know about the install? What would you suggest? TIA.
Plug and play. Yes they are almost like plugging in regular bulbs. It's simple.

They will look way better with projectors in (provided your projectors have good aim/cut off.) high beams LED would be pretty bright however our car uses highs as DRL (daytime running lights).

Do a search and you will get more in depth answer however hope this helps.

What would the disadvantages to not having projectors be. I need brighter lights because I can't see really well at night but I am not willing to bake my headlights in the oven to install projectors. The LED lights seem like a reasonable solution but I don't want to blind other drivers or have a funky beam pattern.

I had the same concern. Search for images and peoples feedback. There are many threads on them. I actually have I think two where I post info about it.

Do you need the CANbus / DRL upgrade for them to work as DRLs and high beams? Will they flicker or not work without it?

Last edited:
Back