XM radio upgrade for LX/EX?

Martin Hurley

Does anyone know if the XM upgrade accessory kit will work in Canada?
Also, is a firmaware upgrade required to have the i-MID show the XM as a source or does it get picked up automatically?

I have a Crystal Black Pearl 2012 Civic EX 5 speed manual sedan.
Just got rid of my 2008 Accord EX-L V6 to make room for an Odyssey next spring.

Used to have a 2007 Civic EX 5spd coupe in Alabaster Silver. But coupes are not practical when you have 2 car seats going plus a 10 year old and a golden retreiver!

Thanks!

Martin

I shot a message to a dealer to find out. I'd imagine the part works, but I'll find out.

If the Canadian radio and U.S. radio share the same part number the chances are decent. Our experience however trying to use USA electronics on Canadian vehicles has been spotty at best. Although the vehicles are nearly identical the electrical systems typically are not. Based on past experience I would pass on anything that involves electronics.

Wow that was fast. Thanks for the help guys...I will follow your advice and pass on the xm kit.
Too bad they don't factory install to fully utilize the i-MID system.

Wow that was fast. Thanks for the help guys...I will follow your advice and pass on the xm kit.
Too bad they don't factory install to fully utilize the i-MID system.

Here at our dealership, we have installed the Honda XM Kit on a LX, and it does show up on the i-MID!

Back