Xtreme HID Kit (9006)

Enigma346

Virginia Beach, VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
So I bought a Xtreme HID Kit from XenonDepot and was wondering if there was an install video for this. I saw two videos already, one being for the basic kit and another for a kit that was not this one....But close (The way it was ran seemed different). My biggest concern is are the wires from the wiring harness long enough to go from the passenger side to the battery for positive? I know I put a ballast on each side of the car...I already know I am attaching them to the bumper support as I saw in the videos. It looks like a straight forward install.

Thanks. I did end up watching his video and it did help me get an idea of how to do this. Seems very straight forward install wise

The HID kit is in the car now...I took a few pictures a long the way, nothing special. The wire you see crossing the bumper is the foglight wire. But here we go! Don't mind the tires. I know they are hubcaps and they are being replaced soon. :D One step at a time.
IMG_20160411_143848513_zpszunitl9v.jpg
IMG_20160411_143853844_HDR_zpsogrebpn7.jpg
IMG_20160411_143903228_HDR_zpsajwfbzin.jpg

Forgot to mention ....Don't mind the "Frozen" Cup! That had my special drinking juice in it for this job. lol. As for the battery, it was cleaned up. I just had it like that to make sure I got it all wired correctly.

Pictures are kind of messed up because I used my phone again. I really need to invest in a good camera or someone to touch the pictures up for me. Or learn myself. Here is the job done.
IMG_20160411_195731458_zpsw7zwmmzv.jpg
IMG_20160411_195724560_zpsclmrlzia.jpg
IMG_20160411_195741246_zpsnaenle5n.jpg

So....So far I have installed the fog lights you see, windows tinted.....All new interior LED lights, trunk led and plate led bulbs...I had the projector lights in but had to send them back and said screw it...Now the HID kit is in....I still have the D2 springs and camber arms sitting here, waiting to be installed but I haven't had the place or time to do it as of yet. They will be coming up!

Looks very good. Did you end up using some zip ties in place of the tape in the end? If not, you will prob want to at some point. In time, the duct tape will eventually give up from weather conditions/heat, and the wires will be become loose.

The tape is holding the wire for the fogs there. It is a metal tape...Not duct tape. But yes. I will be going the route of zip ties because I did see one piece already gave way to the weather. I did however zip tie all the wires for the HID kit. No tape. All is hidden and wired nicely. I did end up using the 3M tape to go on the back of the Ballast. It seemed very strong and I did clean both surfaces prior to doing this. It should suffice right? It's the 3M tape that came with the ballast.

Yeah you should be good, but when you wrap the fog wires with zip ties I'd wrap some around the ballasts as well. The 3m should last quite a while, but I've had it fail on a ballast in the past (granted it was like 2-3yrs later). You can link multiple zip ties together to lengthen them to go around the ballasts if you need longer ties.

Yeah you should be good, but when you wrap the fog wires with zip ties I'd wrap some around the ballasts as well. The 3m should last quite a while, but I've had it fail on a ballast in the past (granted it was like 2-3yrs later). You can link multiple zip ties together to lengthen them to go around the ballasts if you need longer ties.
Thanks for the tips and information. I'll definitely do this next time I take off the bumper.

Back