xXCiviXx's 2013 DBP Si aka Alice (Picture Heavy)

Where did you purchase the tail light tents? Im not sure if you mentioned it alreay. They look sick.

So far they're good. I had blue tint on my stock headlights for about 6 months and they held up well. As long as they are applied correctly they should last for a long time. You could get them installed at a tint shop but that will cost around $100+. The other alternative would be the nightshade spray. If you're going with the tint, install it on a really warm day and leave the film in the sun for about half an hour. That will warm it up enough to stretch around the lights and you won't need a hair dryer or heat gun.

Spent the past few weeks working on my custom fiberglass sub enclosure, amp install and subwoofer / amp tuning. SO CLOSE to being done but not quite there yet. Sounds great! Just putting in some finishing touches.

I have completed a little project I've been wanting to do for quite some time now... Disconnected LED DRL bar because it just doesn't do much during the day and now have it connected to my switchbacks. Check the YouTube link for the lights in action!!!

View: http://youtu.be/2xHS3Kbezbw

You got me rethinking my Spec D lights. Just when I thought I had a plan worked out I'm questioning it. I really like what you have done. A+. :clapping:

IDK. I wish I could hook the LED strips to an OEM button so I would have control, but I don't have any slots left. The alternating signals are really an interesting look. I had never seen these resisters in action until your post. My low beam HID kit is in the mail as well as high sml count LED bulbs for the DRLs and resistors. It's the Signal lights I'm not sure what to do with. :think:

Did you get switchbacks for the turn signals? As long as parking lights are on the LED bar is on. Parking lights are on during parking light setting or Low Beams. So you could turn them on during the day by going to parking lights which will also run DRL bulbs. Only settings you can't control are LED bar on anytime with flick of switch or turning them off while Low Beams are on.

Last edited:
Got a lot of stuff done today... tuned amplifier to 31.6V at 2 ohms for 500W driver. SOUNDS :unicorn:ING AWESOME!!!! So pumped about that!!!!

But now I need your guys' opinions for two things. First, I installed LED strips in the door compartments and halfway around the speakers. They look good but I need to order more to fit all the way around the speakers. My question is: Blue good? Or does it clash too much with the Si trim and red stitching and lights on dash? Also when I order more I will have a strip under dash illuminating footwells. The other colour I would choose would be red. Then I would put the blue ones in the trunk to accent the fiberglass sub enclosure and amp I have mounted
20140905_221326.jpg
20140905_221406.jpg

Second. Yellow vinyl overlay for fog lights? It looks good with the lights off as its nice and yellow, but once they're on they are kinda pale yellow.
20140905_221425.jpg

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Nice! I love my door compartment lights. IMO red would look better for the Si. Be really careful to solidify the strips in the speakers. @AlienPrime put red lights in his speakers and he had a rattle when he jacked the volume.

If you really want to go with blue you can change your Imid background colour to blue or put a blue wallpaper. Can you change colours on the Navi to blue?

As far as the fog lights go, maybe go with yellow bulbs? Pretty sure @andre12dbsi has yellow bulbs in his. Maybe he could tell you how to get a truer yellow colour.

I changed the Nav and iMID to blue today but the tach and speedometer are still red and I can't change that. I guess I'll have to see how it looks tonight. I didn't know I could change the Nav menu to blue until today :P I thought that I could only change map colour! And I was thinking of reinforcing the adhesive strips with something stronger since that glue will probably give out once it starts to get colder here. But that will be a project for when I add or change the LED'S.

As for the fogs, I deleted the overlay. It just looks better as the 6000k ish colour the LED'S are.

Thanks for the input Pauly!!

Last edited:
Back