xXCiviXx's 2013 DBP Si aka Alice (Picture Heavy)

Alright... I finally had some time to go for a drive with back seats down then up as a comparison. There was no notable difference in road noise or sound with the back seats down after installing the GTMAT. That being said, it is :unicorn:ing awesome because the GT Mat eliminated most if not all noise from the trunk, wheel wells and rear deck. I was hoping for some improvement from the deadener but I am blown away by the effectiveness of the product!!!! The "budget" product no less!!! Before it was almost deafening having the rear seats down while transporting stuff at highway speeds and I had to turn the music up to counter the noise. Now I can leave it at the same volume I use while driving in the city. This is a MUST DO upgrade if you're doing any upgrade to your sound system. Hell, it's a must do upgrade for anyone period! In my opinion at least. Makes the drive so much more comfortable! Plus it makes your music sound louder and cleaner!

I would also recommend doing the doors as there is more noticeable noise coming from them since deadening the trunk. The only area you can't fix (which is where most road noise comes from now) is the windows. A+ product. Especially considering the price. Lengthy and somewhat tedious install time, but once you know what to do you're good to go. Approx 10-12 hour install for whole trunk, wheel wells, spare tire pit, trunk lid and rear deck. Including disassembling trim and replacing it post install.

Last edited:
Also, I forgot to mention: less noise/ rattling from the sub OUTSIDE the car post install.

And there was a slight smell from the adhesive while installing but have not smelled anything at all once I finished. That being said, the weather has been cool to mild the past little bit so the true test will be once the weather gets warmer/hotter to see if it starts smelling even though the smell was quite faint during install. Also it will be interesting to see if the adhesion is affected at all by hot/ cold weather, tho it stuck and didn't want to come off once using a heat gun to warm the adhesive up and use the roller to stick it to the body.

Also, I forgot to mention: less noise/ rattling from the sub OUTSIDE the car post install.

And there was a slight smell from the adhesive while installing but have not smelled anything at all once I finished. That being said, the weather has been cool to mild the past little bit so the true test will be once the weather gets warmer/hotter to see if it starts smelling even though the smell was quite faint during install. Also it will be interesting to see if the adhesion is affected at all by hot/ cold weather, tho it stuck and didn't want to come off once using a heat gun to warm the adhesive up and use the roller to stick it to the body.
I've read that there's an asphalt smell especially when it gets hot. But it was also said that it doesn't stay long.

I've read that there's an asphalt smell especially when it gets hot. But it was also said that it doesn't stay long.
I read that too, but even during install it was hardly anything. Maybe because this is a little better than "base model" material from GTMAt it is better/ less smelling adhesive? I know they have several options for deadening and I've read the home Depot fix is the worst smelling and least consistent from reviews.

Night shot of the interior LEDs
20141009_202312.jpg

Finally a decent shot of the adjusted Low Beam Beam pattern from the Pro Design headlights
20141009_203729.jpg
Not sure why all the pictures of the low beams look greenish. They're blue/white in person.

Last edited:
Wasn't even planning to do this today, but a friend called me up since she knew I was interested in Nightshade tinting my Taillights to get rid of the vinyl tint. So here are my new tail lights!!
20141010_161406.jpg

Wrapped the gloss black portion of the grill with Carbon fiber and wrapped the outline of the H.

Before
20141011_130219.jpg

After
20141011_135835.jpg

Was going to wrap the lower glass black poportion of the bumper as well but ran into material issues.

Time to lower that monster truck.
I thing I'm gunna wait til spring. Last year the area where I work now, got close to 4 feet of snow in less than 2 weeks. My car is already considered a snow plow to most people here hahaha. That being said, if i buy a winter vehicle, I have access to a lift and may put some suspension and wheel/tire work in over the winter so I'm ready to go for spring

You need to enter this pic in the calendar contest. :thumb:
That one is still your favorite, eh? I was going to enter it, but the original image is 3264x1836 and the one you linked is a smaller version. Calendar entries require 3500x2300 so I'm a little short on pixels. Actually all my pictures before page 4 are too small (excluding first post) so I put my phones camera on the highest quality setting after that. Now my pics are 5312x2988. What about the last 3 photos I added? Should I enter one of those?

As, too bad. Ya, I love the trees in the background of that shot.

Third is my favorite for the new pics..

Back