Yap, new member here. 2012 Honda Civic Si

bleustar

Seattle
Hello everyone, I've always wanted a Civic Si and finally a proud owner of one. Previously, I had a 89 Accord SE-i, 96 Eclipse GSX, VR6 Passat Wagon and a 2000 Accord EX. My first car was a 79 Accord that just wanted to be driven.

Here are some pics of my new Civic!

2011-08-30132312.jpg

2011-08-28160622.jpg

welcome to the site bleustar! Car looks very nice. Have you had it very long? Impressions so far?

I bought the Si over multiple BMWs 2006~2008, Lancer Ralliart, Mazda, GTI and Golf TDI. First, I loved the clutch on Honda more than I did on the BMWs and in 100k I drove my 2000 Accord, I spent total of $300 on repair. BMW maintenance cost per year seemed spent better on vacation to tropical places. Mazdaspeed and Lancer simply was not as comfortable and couldn't see myself riding in it for more than few hours.

Over all impression is that I LOVE IT. It's perfect car for Seattle city driving, torque comes in ridiculously handy. I like the engine as well, it's smooth but is easily unleashed if I want to impress someone:)

This is my favorite car so far, and I drove several Si sedans between 2007~2009 before settling with a 2012.

Thank you everyone for warm welcome! I hope that as I learn more about the new Si, I'll be able to contribute more:)

Great stuff. Did you trade your accord in on this SI?

Welcome to the site...Congrats on the new SI man..really nice!!!! I was pretty much in the same boat as you.... I was weighing my options between the mazdaspeed 3 and the GTI but ended up going with the SI coupe...so pleased

Very nice car there. I still have not seen a 2012 Si in person yet. I really want to see one up close. I have to say that red looks really hot on the car. Really compliments the lines.

Took the Si out to Chukaknut drive here in Washington over the weekend. Civic handled amazing and the sights were beautiful. Please don't drive like me if you visit, and enjoy the sight!

chuck1.jpg

Back