Yay or nay

Yeah, you have to remove the heat shield as well, but that is easy and only a few bolts.
Yeah your right man, there is no way to get that thing off without removing the heat shield. Well looks like this is a job for another day

Hey I'm removing the heat shield as we speak, would I even have to put this back on? Or do I not really need it?
I do not second guess an engineer's decisions unless I am replacing a part with something that performs better.

What heat shield?
It runs the entire width under the cowl between the strut towers. Keep in mind how far back the engines (including the integrated exhaust manifold) are in the 9th gen.

Ah, that's basically a cross member that will keep the body from flexing (like a strut bar) and keep water from going to the coil packs when it is raining. I've seen people permanently removing that piece, but that isn't a smart thing to do. Lol.

Ah, that's basically a cross member that will keep the body from flexing (like a strut bar) and keep water from going to the coil packs when it is raining. I've seen people permanently removing that piece, but that isn't a smart thing to do. Lol.
It is not rigid by any means.

Back