Skunk2 Composite Cold Air Intake!

We just got word that the new Skunk2 Composite Cold Air Intake should be arriving very soon! We expect to have some in stock early November. I wanted to post this immediately so anyone who wanted one could get in on the first batch of them, because in typical Skunk2 fashion they will probably all be sold by the time they arrive. We're accepting pre-orders for them right now on our site. The price is $319.95 with free shipping:

http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-70_170/product-2277/index.html

This intake has really been well thought out and engineered by Skunk2.
  • Like the 8th Gen Si Skunk2 Composite Cold Air Intake, this intake for the K24Z7 9th Gen Si uses a unique routing strategy and extra large piping to ensure maximum performance, especially on vehicles with other modifications that necessitate increased air flow.
  • The composite material is lightweight and provides great thermal insulation from the hot engine bay.
  • All the bends and tapers are smooth to prevent any turbulence.
  • The vertical oriented air filter is mounted higher than other typical cold air intakes to reduce the chance of the filter becoming submerged, even in very bad weather.
  • Dryflow air filter is reusable and will not contaminate your MAF sensor.

I'll make sure we get some more pictures of the intake once we get them in stock. For now, here are some pics from Skunk2:

31282_2277___2012%20Civc%20SI%20Skunk2%20CAI%20Installed.jpg

31282_2277___2012%20Civc%20SI%20Skunk2%20CAI%20Installed%202.jpg

Unboxing video of this part:

Last edited:
You'd need FP for this intake.

Thanks Dar-Dar for clearing that up. Probably useful info for people who might not know FP is required.

nice! don't know if I'm blind but does it say it comes with battery relocation kit?

nice! don't know if I'm blind but does it say it comes with battery relocation kit?
In the link:
Key Features:
  • Molded Polymer construction for a even taper from 3.5" to 3.0" opening at throttle body.
  • Includes all brackets required to move the battery, fuse box, and ECU for intake routing. The 2012+ (9th Gen) Civic Si intake only relocates the battery. All other parts stay in their stock location.
  • Dryflow filter is reusable and will not contaminate your MAF sensor.
  • Superior insulation of the intake air versus aluminum piping.
  • Vertically mounted filter aids in preventing water ingestion.
  • Silicone upper radiator hose included for proper fitment with no interference with cooling system.
  • Includes smooth, large diameter MAF delete tube for use with tuned ECUs.
  • Optional big bore throttle body coupler allows for easy installation on Civic Si's with a Skunk2 Pro Series Throttle Body.
I like where Skunk2 relocates the battery.

Thank you ^^
I was scared to click the link and accidentally order it or something haha
Ya I like where they put it too!

^^^ Me three ^^^ and I have a 3.5 in. with relocation kit. It's low in the engine bay. If the winter is rough on the battery, I go Skunk 2 in the Spring. Real nice looking product.

It's nice, but I wished that Skunk2 made the MAF housing a true 3.5". That housing is between 3"-3.5", probably 3.25ish" which makes the piping tapered down in the middle portion of the intake.

It's nice, but I wished that Skunk2 made the MAF housing a true 3.5". That housing is between 3"-3.5", probably 3.25ish" which makes the piping tapered down in the middle portion of the intake.
Yeah, I noticed that. Wonder why they felt compelled to do it that way.

For the 06-11 Sis, Skunk2 provided 2 housings. One for the MAF sensor and one for the IAT sensor. The IAT sensor housing is 3.5". It is probably the same for the 2012+ Sis.

A FlashPro *should* not be required to use this intake. Of course it will help, but your car should run fine without the FlashPro. The reason is Skunk2 kept the MAF housing diameter the same as factory.

Last edited:
8thcivic owners are having issues running these intakes on their stock ecu cars.

8thcivic owners are having issues running these intakes on their stock ecu cars.

It could be because the airflow takes a slightly different path around the MAF sensor due to the different bends (or lack of) in this intake. In theory, if the MAF housing is the same diameter, it should run fine.

Since no one has installed this 9th Gen Si intake yet, I guess it's hard to say if a FlashPro will really be needed or not at this point.

Back